The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Vertical lever swap - E9
Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2002 12:26 am    

I've swapped my vertical lever for my LKR. Now my vertical takes the F#s to G and the LKR does the B5 down a half step to A#. I just did it and dont have any strong opinions on it yet. Any drawbacks that you can see? BTW, this is on a Universal E9/B6 12 string but it shouldn't matter.

Brad Sarno

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 9 May 2002 3:05 am    

Any way will work, But I would think it would be harder to use when playing the 6th tuning when you are reaching for floor pedals and it both at the same time - BTW Brad, If you remember me - My new Mullen should be here this week yet and I am going to try that new tuning I was telling you about --Ron

------------------
Ron Petersen &
The Keep'n Tyme Band

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2002 8:29 am    

I've got my B to Bb drop on a vertical because I don't use it in conjunction with any other pedal or lever. The F# to G change is used along with other pedal changes and I don't think it would work for me being on a vertical pedal.
Uff-Da!

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 9 May 2002 10:51 am    

Hey Brad,
I think that's a great place for it. I don't have the 1st string change but I have the 7th string to G on my LKR. Unlike Erv, I think that a change used with other pedals needs to be on a verticle lever. I personally have my B to Bb lever in the verticle position and I use it mostly with other pedals, usually the A & B lowering against them to achieve a C on the 5th string. I'd have no use for a lever which I didn't use with anything else on a verticle. That's why a lot of guys have the E to F# change on the 4th string on the VKL so they can add it with their A & B pedals engaged.

------------------
Livin' in the Past and the Future with a 12 string Mooney tuning.

[This message was edited by Jerry Hayes on 09 May 2002 at 11:53 AM.]