The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zum D-1085102
Mark Kelchen

Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 4:21 pm    

The last guy got it. I now own the Zum previously discussed. Bought it from Bobbe Seymour who Steve Garrison sold it to. The fifth lever is still in question but Bobbe has offered it to me (no Charge) I just can't be without the guitar long enough to send it to him. Wish I just had the parts to replace it myself. I now own the guitar that originally belonged to Mr. Seymour. I will always take my business to Steel Guitar Nashville, cause Bobbe will do what it take s to make the deal happen for everyone involved and he HAS the connections. I don't want to torque off the Forum, but everyone on a previous thread should know this. bOb, if I am in the wrong area, please let me know. Biggest thing is, D1085102 ZumSteel is no longer for sale. It now belongs to me. At this point, Mr. Seymour still and always will own the memories. P.S. If Bobbe sent me the fifth lever, I would be able to install it. Thanks Bobbe.

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 5:44 pm    

Mark, good news for you, we are now in the process of getting the appropriate knee lever for your great steel guitar. You are a wonderful customer and friend. You and the guitar both need to be happy, I am!(except I sorta miss this guitar.) I hope to always know where it is and I hope it makes you as much money and brings you as much happiness as it has both Steve and myself. You will be hearing from us quickly. Your friend,
Bobbe

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 6:39 pm    

This is material for a movie! It brings a tear to my good eye! A very romantic movie about a steel guitar. I keep visualizing Bobbe on top of this guitar in a small stranded airplane. I'm sure there's more, too private to mention. This love sick guitar has a happy home again and among a strange, affectionate circle of musicians in Iowa. You can't help but love Bobbe and his guitar adoption agency.
Dennis

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 7:18 pm    

You can't either!

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 7:31 pm    

Zums , "Ready for adoption to a good home," Home must have a burgler alarm system, fenced yard,and must keep in house unless transporting to paying job, these guitars must only be transported in fine vehicles, fully insured, and played in clubs with fenced in stages. These guitars will only be allowed to go to the finest homes, get the finest care, and be treated better than the spouse! These guitars will not go to homes with children,( we don't want the children corrupted, nor the guitar destroyed) We will be taking applications soon for "guitar parents" . Anyone caught sleeping with one of these guitars will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! (so there)
(I'm really serious bOb)

(signed) "SERIOUS BOB"

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 24 April 2002 at 08:32 PM.]

Steve Garrison

York, SC, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 8:21 pm    

Well I had no idea that my Zum D-1085102 would be a household name on the Forum! Yes, I posted the guitar in question on the Forum a while back and had some very weird offers for it......wanna trade it for a snowmobile?....HA HA I live in SC where it snows once every decade.....Or the guy who wanted me to put Black Mica on it and send him a picture so he could see if he liked it! So frustrated( thats an understatement) I remembered the day I bought the guitar from Bobbe. I had driven up to Nashville and spent the better part of my Saturday playing every guitar Bobbe had on the floor trying to find a guitar that compared to my Emmons. There was nothing on the floor that day( although there was about 35 guitars there) that I really liked, So Bobbe , being the super friend he is, started showing me his personal guitars. I asked him about the guitar he played in Saluda ....Yes , the famous Saluda Steel Guitar Jam and Stunt Plane airshow! He sold me the guitar and told me if I ever got tired of it , He would buy it back.....and so he did. To tell you how good a friend Bobbe is, The first guitar I bought from Bobbe was a Emmons Push-Pull that had belonged to a gentleman named Scott that played for Gene Watson. I came up and put a new Heat Pump in Bobbe's house on Sat, picked up my guitar and Bobbe threw in a Emmons clip on pedal and a pack seat, I went to the Opry that night backstage and met Dottie West, Roy Acuff, Ricky Scaggs, Holly Dunn, and Reba McEntire, Weldon Myrick, Doug Jernigan, and the highlight of the night...Tommy White , Who was playing for the Whites at the time.I stood there with Weldon while Tommy went out and did 2 songs, one was a gospel song that was ripping wide open on C6th....He didn't miss a note and the tone was perfect. Then afterwards, He walked up to Weldon and said," I hate when that happens" Weldon said ,"What do you mean?" Tommy said, All I had was my thumb pick, I misplaced my finger picks and had to play with just my fingernails! Just some of the memories that I cherish, given to me by Bobbe Seymour and the famous Zum D-1085102....Just thought ya'll would like to hear that. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Brother Oswald let me play his 1928 dobro in Roys dressing room that night!! Thats as close as I'll probably ever come to playing the Opry and it may not mean much to some but to me it was a dream come true that I will never forget thanks to Bobbe! Steve Garrison

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 25 Apr 2002 11:36 am    

See why I love this business and all you guys? What other instrument could possibly have this kind of comraderie? Are steel players the best or what! So there, all you banjo guys!( ever been to a bass convention?)
Thanks Steve.

Serious Bob-----(be)

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2002 11:50 am    

Wanted:Rich widow woman,50yrs.old,wellkept,36-22-30,must love country music,own a steel guitar,2 late model cars and at least one van.Must own her own home.Please send pictures of steel guitar and van.
Ray

P.S.
Too me not Bobbbbeeee.

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

Mark Kelchen

Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2002 1:16 pm    

Steve, good to have you back. As you can tell your guitar now has a good home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. (We have snowmobiles here too) I'm glad I wound up with this fine instrument. Bobbe is sending the parts for the 5th lever. He has gone way out of his way to make this deal happen for me. Perhaps you can both one day come here to the Steel jams that go on in Feb and Apr each year. We would love to have both of you here not only to pick but to visit the guitar you both formerly owned. Ahhhh the memories Everyone needs to read ALL of these posts and see for themselves that "Steel Guitar Nashville" Bobbes shop is the place to be! We all love ya Bobbe!

Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2002 8:53 pm    

Steve said "gentleman named Scott that played for Gene Watson". Would that have been Scotty Sanders?

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2002 8:27 am    

Hey Ray,there you go

------------------
http://hometown.aol.com/damirzanne/damirzanne1.html

[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 27 April 2002 at 09:27 AM.]