The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Msa Resolution/ Info Request
Dave Horner

Heath, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2002 9:08 pm    

I am trying to locate the following people in connection with the post on this Forum entitled MSA RESOLUTION. If you are one of those people listed would you please contact me? If you know any of such people would you please ask them to do so? Thank you. Named locations represent best available data for country or state of residence:
1. Helge Johannesen, Norway
2. Janne Lindgren, Sweden
3. Jan Visser, Netherlands
4. Dave Tunnicliffe, Auckland, New Zealand
5. Randall Harrington, Waxahachie, Texas
6. The spokesperson for the heirs of Mac McLendon, Land-o-Lakes, Florida
7. Glenn Tackett, Armory, Mississippi

[This message was edited by Dave Horner on 31 March 2002 at 09:26 PM.]

smike

oakland, ca
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2002 10:27 am    

dave -

thanks for your efforts towards resolution of this matter!

my question is this:

your post/question makes it sound like you (or maurice, etc.) DON'T have contact information for the folks on your list... ...but contact information for the folks you list above was distributed (to a lot of folks) along with lots of other materials over the last year or two, as well as posted online recently by jim molberg:

1. Helge Johannesen, Kuhlmsv. 123c, 4632 Kr.sand, NORWAY.Ê $2,100.00 deposited in 1979

2. Janne Lindgren, Frosetrabacken 10, S-127 37 Skorholmen, SWEDEN.Ê $1,750.00 deposited in 1981.

3. Jan Visser, Postbus 68, Kastanjelaan 3A, 1722 ZH Zuid Scharwoude, NETHERLANDS.Ê $2,253.00 deposited in 1981.

4. Dave Tunnicliffe, Box 56-402, Auckland 1030, New Zealand.Ê $2,109 deposited in 1981.

5. Randall Harrington, 806 E. Marvin, Waxahachie, TX 75165.Ê $1,650.00 deposited in 1982.

6. The heirs of Mac McLendon (deceased), Land-O-Lakes, Florida.Ê Cost of a D-10 he ordered in 1980.

7. Glenn Tackett, 805 Tschudi Road, Amory, MS 38821.Ê Cost of a case he never received in 1983.

i guess i don't understand what you mean by 'trying to locate the following people', given that their contact info is readily available (except for mclendon!).

in your eloquent post over the weekend (legitimized in turn by maurice and kyle), you said:

>I have agreed to help assemble data by means of this request to
>(1) determine the names and (hopefully email) addresses of and
>(2) obtain succinct information regarding the basis and amount of their un-refunded payments.

my question is: how does the list above NOT provide the required/requested information?

seems to me that it provides exactly what you're looking for: names, addresses, and succinct information about each un-refunded payments...

what's missing?

again, i think what you're trying to accomplish is great for all involved, be they at the center of the 'storm' or only peripherally involved.

thanks,
smike

[This message was edited by smike on 01 April 2002 at 10:28 AM.]

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2002 11:38 am    

Smike, please sign your real name (first and last) to your posts, per the Forum rules. You can add it to your signature in your profile by clicking "edit profile" at the top of the page.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator

smike

oakland, ca
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2002 4:46 pm    

bob -

no problem... i just edited my signature to include my name...

i wish i had originally signed up with my real name, but i am so used to using 'smike' (name of an old band, first email address, etc.)...

thanks,
bruce

------------------

bruce linde

Dave Horner

Heath, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2002 4:54 pm    

smike-

We are trying to contact those people by regular mail based upon the information which has been provided, although as I earlier indicated in the MSA RESOLUTION post I had hoped to obtain email addresses of each. That has been my desire inasmuch as (1) I believe that would be the most efficient method of contact, and (2) the information which we have available came with no warranty as to whether it is current, accurate or complete. It may well be, but we have no way of knowing that.

Simply, we are trying to be as diligent as possible in making contact and ensuring that each person who has an interest in being a participant in the process outlined has an opportunity to do so as efficiently as possible. As a result of the request about which you have inquired, I was provided one of those email addresses this morning, and, thus, was able to send an email to that person earlier today.

Dave Horner

NOTE: I am editing this message to clarify that we have no information as to the name or address of any spokesperson for the heirs of Mr. Mac McLendon.

[This message was edited by Dave Horner on 02 April 2002 at 04:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by Dave Horner on 02 April 2002 at 07:20 PM.]

smike

oakland, ca
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2002 6:37 pm    

dave -

thanks... that's what i figured.

bruce

------------------

bruce linde

Dave Horner

Heath, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2002 7:47 pm    

smike (Bruce),
Well, then - you were right! Smile
By the way, that second edit was to correct a grammatical error, not a content change.
Dave