The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Russler Steels - How Much$$$$$
Kenneth Kotsay

Davie/Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2012 4:01 pm    

Great looking pedal steel from what I gather from the webb site & photos, but what's the PRICE of these pedal steels????????

Ken

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2012 11:42 am    

Ken,
I'm hoping to see these at the SWSGA show tommorrow. They can't be cheap. Looks like they have one of the most high tech undercarriages I've ever seen. I'll post any info. RP

Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2012 3:04 pm    

Ken, what was their reply when you gave them your wanted configuration and asked for a price?

Bill Lowe

Connecticut
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2012 3:44 pm    

They are very reasonable and competitive for a Lacquer Guitar.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=209893&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=russler&start=25

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2012 11:27 am    

3-4 grand for a single...5-6 grand for a double...
it's a rich man's game from my point of view/income level.
that's what most new steels run.
probably fair...considering cars cost $30,000 up..ridiculous. buy used for the savings.

some people (!) never got beyond the 10,000/yr income bracket as a picker...i never even made it up to poverty level.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2012 1:02 pm    

Checked them out at SWSGA. Like a dope, I never asked prices. I mentioned they should display one upside down to show the killer undercarriage. Beautiful looking, smooth playing guitar. First thing I noticed was the guitar seemed to realy play in tune. The A pedal F lever combo was perfect. Randy was very engaging,and a good player also. Too many feel stops on the models for me to play one very well.
Russ said he did what Randy told him to do in the building of these guitars. "Just stay out of my way".

Russ played one during his set and as usual, Russ played with great feeling and sounded great. RP

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2012 7:10 pm    

Very Happy I moved to West Virginia Nebraska does that count ? Please send for my shipping address !
Laughing G.P.

Dan Chambers

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2012 4:51 pm    

I had talked to these guys by phone since I only live 150 miles away and I expressed my intent to buy a guitar that wasn't as cumbersome as my D10 Emmons PP, made arrangements to visit their shop and then cancelled when I decided to attend the Dallas show and play a bunch of guitars before I made my decision. I visited their room, identified myself, and was totally ignored. Zane King treated me well and fairly in the Jackson Steel Guitar room, the Mullen guys just busted their hump making me feel welcome and I ended up buying a Justice Pro Lite, Fred took it back to Mesa and added a VKL and made me a part of the entire process. The Russler guys may make a great Pedal Steel but their marketing techniques are gonna make long term success a challenge.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2012 10:35 am    

i attended a function years ago also and found certain builders quite preoccupied with schmoozing the well-known players.....i'm sure in hopes of getting one to play their brand. however, in my case, many well-knowns were already playing that brand, so it was kind of a slap in the face in a cliquish manner.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2012 11:31 am    

As a steel show vendor, I have to agree that schmoozing taken to a great extent can be deleterious to sales. Wink If you have a product table or a display room, you should consider it a temporary retail music store and you're the owner.

It's great to see old friends and discuss recent events or reminisce. And lots of times previous customers and friends just want to talk and are oblivious to other folks standing around who want to purchase products but need attention or have questions answered. In those situations, the vendors have to gently put the conversations on "pause" and talk to the people who are waiting with questions, or ready to do business with you.

BTW, I'm not commenting on the Russler guitar room at TSGA, I wasn't even there. I'm just volunteering my thoughts as a long-time steel show vendor.

Even someone just silently lurking in the background should at least be greeted in a friendly way and asked if they have any questions or comments. This is just basic Retailing 101.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Per Berner

Skövde, Sweden
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2012 12:57 am    

Herb Steiner wrote:
And lots of times previous customers and friends just want to talk and are oblivious to other folks standing around who want to purchase products but need attention or have questions answered.

...just like walking into ANY regular music store, then... Winking Staff and owners alike are always busy chatting or jamming with their buddies. No wonder internet sales are up...

Lyle Clary

Decatur, Illinois, KC9VCB
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2012 12:15 pm    

All I require of a shop owner or a restaurant is to acknowledge that I am there. I will wait a long time if I know that I will be waited on.