The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Dingwall Combustion 5 string bass - sale or trade for psg
Mark Daniels

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2011 6:07 am    

I'm selling this to finance a step up from my Little Buddy pedal steel !

I have M.E./CFS and chronic pain and bought the Dingwall as I thought that I might be able to gig one day and a 5 string would be a great thing to have. Things haven't improved and so it's a case of 'last in - first out'.

Dingwall basses use a fan fret system which, just like a piano, uses longer scale lengths for lower strings. The bass is string B E A D G and is 37" to 33". Even though it looks like it could be difficult to play, it takes no time to get used to at all.

This bass is fitted with Dingwall's Bass Booster kit to enhance the tone of the B and E strings. Since the photos were taken, I've fitted are a set of white rubber EZ knobs. I have the original black, plastic knobs as well.

The bass is in excellent condition with just a couple of tiny nicks. It's never been gigged. In fact, it's hardly been out of the house as I can't go out often.

It also comes with a gig bag and a spare set of Dingwall strings. There is a brand new set on the bass (they're 45 55 75 95 130) and it's setup to Dingwall specs.

Price is £900 o.n.o. + postage (I'm in the UK, so that's GBP). A new one is over £1200 here.

By chance, if anyone has a steel that they would like to trade then I'm open to that as well. Undecided on E9, D10 or Universal so open to ideas.

If you have any questions, just get in touch.

Mark Daniels

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2011 6:05 pm    

Now sold.