The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TruCountry on RFD-TV
Landon Dodd

Fort Worth, TX
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 8:12 pm    

Thanks for supporting great Traditional Country music Greg. We do have it pretty good down here. Hit a nerve ya think???

Scott Shipley

The Ozark Mountains
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 8:15 pm    

Like I said. Oh Well

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 9:10 pm    

I'm an old redneck country boy from Alabama,some pretty good steel pickers come from here,Don Helms,Curly,Jimmy Day etc, BUT,some of the GREATEST pickers in Swing,country,jazz,pop,blues,rock and roll,doo-wop etc,that ever lived,are Texans,NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Not room to list them all here,but you know who they are.YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Jamie Lennon

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2011 6:38 am    

I recently done a show in Sweden with Danni Leigh. She is awesome!

www.georgettejones.net

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2011 8:34 am    

Hey Jamie,
I just googled Danni Leigh. What a hot new talent congrats on backing her in Sweden. Good tracks.....

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2011 10:49 am    

Actually, Danni has been around for a while. First CD was released in 1998. I have all 4 of her CD's. She IS really awesome. Cute too. Whoa!

Jamie... How do you get stuck with all these lame gigs?

Just kidding. Laughing Laughing

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2011 10:56 am    

Younger and new to me! Smile

Greg Stasny

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2011 8:17 am    

Starts this evening...less airings per weekend than before, if I read my Dish guide correctly.

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2011 11:08 am    

Not enough support.

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2011 11:59 am    

Theresa Galbraith wrote:
I watched a little of the Americana Awards the other night and thought most of it was CRAP.

I didn't get to see it because it was initially shown only on Public TV from the Nashville station. I wish I could have seen it - there will be at some point a "Reader's Digest Condensed Version" of the show on Austin City Limits.

Doesn't sound like Teresa gave the Americana Awards show much of a chance, having watched "a little" (what does that mean -15 or 20 minutes?) and declaring most of it CRAP.

This year Jerry Douglas, Lucinda Williams, and Gregg Allman received Lifetime Achievment Awards on the show - I hope they weren't part of the CRAP that was shown...

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 2:15 am    

Mark,
What I saw was terrible.
I shouldn't have said "CRAP"!

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 7:31 am    

Hate to sound like Cheech, but when was it on? Confused

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 11:27 am    

Barry,
I think the Americana Awards were on Oct. 14th or 15th. You did'nt miss much! Smile

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 11:45 am    

I'm curious, Theresa, what is it that you saw that was so terrible - do you remember?

And if it were say a two hour show and you watched "a little" - say ballpark 15-20 minutes, isn't that a sweeping dismissal of the whole deal without having good information?

I don't mean to harp on this, but the idea reminds me of reading the first 20 pages of a 300 page novel and then dismissing it as terrible and taking it down to the used book store to get rid of it, and the thing might have been in fact on the New York times bestseller list and received a bunch of good reviews.

As far as Tru Country on RFD - I've been trying to get our cable company to add this station here for a couple years (mainly for the Marty Stuart Show), to no avail. Sad

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 11:54 am    

I think MOST of these [country Question ] awards shows are CRAP to the hightest degree. I force myself to watch every minute so I can say what I think of it. [believe me that's HARD to do sometimes,like being forced to watch a few minutes of MSNBC.].YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 1:49 pm    

Mark,
I voiced my opinion on what I saw. It doesn't matter who I heard, I thought it was terrible. JMO
You didn't watch any of it.

Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 3:20 pm    

Have to go to my uncles if I want to watch. Viva Texas music.

Greg Stasny

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2011 5:58 pm    

Kicked the season off with one song by Jake Hooker Very Happy , then they went to Johnny Rodriguez and Becky Hobbs. Jim Loesberg on steel.

Next week Junior Knight should be on stage, steelin' with Jody Nix.

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2011 6:10 am    

First impression is usually the lasting one..If the show began with crap then I'm sure one would not watch the rest..A good salesman does not put out his junk first,he mixes it in and camouflages it somewhere..On the other hand some of these shows try to save the best late to hold an audience..Not too many of us like to use a smelly rest room regardless of an attractive sign outside.... Laughing

Ron Deardorff

Capitola, CA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2011 8:57 am    

OMIGOD, Junior Knight with Jody Hix??!! Man, that's gold! Yessirree, this third season's starting to look mighty fine indeed.

Alan Tanner

Near Dayton, Ohio
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2011 4:13 am    

Well, for now we have a choice as to what we want to watch and listen to. Ya'all listen to your CRAP and I will listen to mine. Actually, I don't think anybody even CARES about what I listen to or watch. Rock out to rap if that's what floats yer boat. For me it just happens to be good ol' COUNTRY music and Texas swing. Boo hoo if the musicians are from Texas.

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 7 Nov 2011 1:00 pm    

Theresa Galbraith wrote:
Mark,
I voiced my opinion on what I saw. It doesn't matter who I heard, I thought it was terrible. JMO

Yeah I did - like a lot of things these days, a fair portion of the show has been posted on YouTube.

The sound quality isn't the best (it sounded better to me on the live streaming radio broadcast that I listened to the evening of the show), but I certainly enjoyed the opening number, which was "I'll Fly Away" featuring Emmylou, Alison Krauss, Buddy Miller, and Jerry Douglas.

And sure it matters who you heard. What's the point of entering a post on a forum and declaring either that it's "terrible" or on the other end of the spectrum "great" if you stop there and don't elaborate?

Greg Stasny

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2011 2:27 pm    

Thread hijack underway....

Mark Eaton wrote:
Theresa Galbraith wrote:
Mark,

Yeah I did - like a lot of things these days, a fair portion of the show has been posted on YouTube.

The sound quality isn't the best (it sounded better to me on the live streaming radio broadcast that I listened to the evening of the show), but I certainly enjoyed the opening number, which was "I'll Fly Away" featuring Emmylou, Alison Krauss, Buddy Miller, and Jerry Douglas.

And sure it matters who you heard. What's the point of entering a post on a forum and declaring either that it's "terrible" or on the other end of the spectrum "great" if you stop there and don't elaborate?

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 7 Nov 2011 2:40 pm    

Hey - Theresa was the one who brought up the subject of the Americana Awards show! At least in one of my posts I actually mentioned the TruCountry show on RFD... Winking

She does get credit for the mention though even if she didn't care for the portion of the show she watched - the acts featured on TruCountry seem to have to more in common with the Americana Awards performers than they do with today's mainstream Top 40 country music. Very Happy

Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2011 5:39 am    

Early on I commented on RFD.
I admit I hyjacked the thread with the Americana Awards. Maybe someone should police hyjacking because it happens in just about every thread started.

My comments no different than others who give opinions on things they don't watch or only watch 5 minutes and calling it CRAP!!! Sorry, I think the negative comments are rubbing off on me.

It's all good, no worries! Smile