The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  RV -3 DL -8 I Pod & I - phone Leg Holders L or R
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2011 6:07 am    

I'm making these RV-3,DL-8 I-Pod & I-Phone 4 Leg Holders that clamp to the Right or Left leg of your steel.It is right up to the top of the leg and you can just reach over and adjust the RV 3 or other affects knobs to your liking.I will see if I can get Ray Walker from Walker Seats and Road Cases to put a picture on for me.They will be $20.00 each and I pay the shipping.
Thank You
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 6 Nov 2011 7:26 am; edited 9 times in total

Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2011 10:28 am    

Here's some pictures of how it all works

Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2011 4:26 am     Holder

Sam, bring one to Clayton on the 24th, would like to see one.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2011 9:23 am    

Can you push the on/off button and not have the clip fall off the leg?

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2011 9:19 am    

Hi John yes you can push the ON Off down with out it falling off the leg. You have to put your fingers under the RV-3 and the Holder and press it with the Palm of your hand.I just tryed it and it works fine for me.You can't just push it with you fingers and not expect it to just go around the leg.The only way to stop that is if you want to drill a hole in the leg to hold it there and I don't think any one would want to do that to their Steel guitar leg.
Thanks
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2011 2:59 pm    

Take the spring out, from the pedal part. Then it is easy to press. I've done that with a number of pedals that were operated by hand.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2011 4:29 pm    

Thank you Danny for your help.I did not think of that.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2011 10:51 am     Sam

On the RV-3 leg holder you can use this holder for a DD-3 or any other Affects that measures 2 1/2 inch wide by 4 3/4 inches or a couple inches longer.Look at the Pictures and you will see how it is mounted on the Steel Guitar leg.It is easy on easy off.I use a piece of PVC pipe and cut it to fit good and snub onto the leg.It snaps on and it comes off a little tight.It will not scratch the leg off your Steel Guitar.
Thank You
Sam White

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2011 1:26 pm    

Sam, can you make one to fit a Strymon El Capistan? It's 4" wide.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2011 4:40 pm    

Hi Steve I sent you a E-Mail and not heard from you. I need to know the size of your unit you want so I can make it up for you. The price is the same I just have to make them the size you need.
Sam White

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2011 6:02 pm    

Sam, sorry I didnt notice the email. I'll email you the dimensions. thanks!

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2011 11:29 am    

Sam, tried to reply to your email but it came back as failure notice. So I sent you a PM with the dimensions and my info.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2011 5:53 pm    

OK Steven I will check it out.
Thanks. OH I got your leg holder all done for you.4 1/2 long and 4' wide. Send USPS money order or a 20 dollar bill wrapped in paper in envelope.
Thanks
Sam White

Sam White
6704 Dianthus DR.
Willow Spring,N.C.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2011 5:16 pm    

I can make these leg holder for other units as long as they are not to big. I have made one 4" by 4 1/2 " and another one 3" By 5".I will be able to make them as long as 6 " by about the same with.
Sam White

Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 11:50 am     Testimonial

I just got my "RV-3" holder, custom sized for a Digitech DL-8, from Sam. Fits like a glove, attaches firmly to the leg of the steel, and comfortably places the pedal right where I can use it. Easy to activate by pushing the "pedal" with my hand (didn't have to remove the spring). Thanks Sam!!

Dan

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 7:41 am    

Hi Dan Glad you like it.Thank you for your Comment and support.Just reach over with your Right hand and change what ever your liking.Thanks again Dan keep out of that snow up there.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2011 9:35 am    

AS you can see I also make them for a RV-3 DL-3 and any other Effects you feel would be better if it is right on you right where you can get at it quickly.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 2:14 pm    

Bump her up

Alan Rudd

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2011 11:21 am    

I have a Session 500 that needs a new clamp for the effects switch. Will your clamp replace the broken one on that switch?

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2011 4:46 pm    

Bump

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2011 7:18 am    

()

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2011 12:29 pm     Sam

Got seven more RV-3 holders for the right leg and one for the left leg.Got a I Pod leg holder ready for some one out there.
Guys that bought them like them a lot.
Sam white

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2011 5:18 pm     Sam

They are starting to move now so I only have a few left.I will not make more until these are gone.I pay the shipping. US only.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2011 6:21 am    

Bump

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2011 7:38 am    

Will an MXR Carbon Copy fit properly?

thx

bob