The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1999 Fender Telesonic EX condition w/ major upgrades $1,500
Marc Stone

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2011 10:54 am    

The same guitar without the several hundred dollars worth of upgrades mine has just sold on eBay for $1,570.

Kinda rare and very awesome Fender Telesonic with all original parts, owners manual and Fender spec sheet, plus serious upgrades. Not the easiest guitar to find and a very cool variation on the Tele line. Guitar is in beautiful shape, these crappy cell cam pics don't do it justice. It looks much nicer, good sheen to the finish. some very minimal wear on the back (not gouged out buckle rash, just lacquer wear and color fading a little in the middle area) and a couple of tiny (1/8"-1/2") scratches on the back of body at the tip of the cutaway, and a tiny, barely perceptible surface scratch in the clear outer layer of finish on the headstock. You really have to struggle to see it with the guitar in hand, and you need to know that you are looking for it.

These guitars were high end offering from Fender made from 1998-2004. Chambered mahogany body sounds great, balances perfectly (on me at least) and plays like butter. Pro set-up 2 weeks ago w 10.5 gauge strings. Have gigged it with no issues, no string breakage, good tuning stability. I doubt this guitar was played too much before I bought it about a year ago, and I've only used it on a handful of gigs. Very minimal fret wear, no wear on neck or fretboard.

Guitar has been upgraded with TV Jones T-Armond pickups, which kill the stock DeArmond 2000s. Cost for pickups plus pro install, which included the base plates of the T-Armonds having to be slightly ground down so they would fit in the Telesonic route, was close to $400. Also upgraded with a fully adjustable bridge. All original parts are included with sale. comes with high quality non orig HSC. THERE ARE NO PERMANENT MODS OR EXTRA ROUTING AND ALL THE ORIGINAL PARTS ARE INCLUDED. This guitar can returned to exact factory stock with the original parts that are included in the sale.

Hate to sell it, but I sold my PSG and need to get another.

$1,500 shipped/insured in CONUS or trade for a good SD-10 or S-10. More detailed pics on request for serious inquires.

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited by Marc Stone on 20 May 2011 11:40 am; edited 3 times in total

Marc Stone

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2011 11:31 am    

A 1998 Tele-sonic just sold on eBay for $1,570. Same guitar as mine, similarly clean condition (the one on eBay may have been a hair cleaner, but mine is a solid 9.5 out of 10) without the several hundred dollars worth of upgrades mine has, plus I still have all of the original parts.

Bumparoo