The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Missed the Clint Black show!
Ted Smith

Idaho - shot of Jeff Peterson, Ted and Smith Curry "Nothing but the taillights tour"
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2000 1:28 pm    

Gary Gilbert in Nashville just told me that the Clint Black Special on PBS was last Saturday and I missed it. Anybody tape this? Gary said there were some good shots of the Melobro and if you heard it, that was it's sound! Gary said the entire show was really good, I can't believe it, I've been waiting for that show for 3 months and the one time I am working in another shop is THE night it's on!!!!

Ted

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2000 1:55 pm    

I missed it here in NY too. Totally forgot about it while watching a rather lackluster GOO instead. I believe it will be rebroadcast on another PBS station tonite or tomorrow. One of the benefits of living in the big city. check your listings. Maybe you have an after midnight rebroadcast yourself. For sure, it woll be on again later in the season since they rerun the cycle when they run out of fresh shows.
I remember Jeff talking about the taping and I've been waiting for this.

Ted Smith

Idaho - shot of Jeff Peterson, Ted and Smith Curry "Nothing but the taillights tour"
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2000 8:49 am    

Now I've heard that it is going to be on the West Coast this Friday??
Anybody has a clue, Please let me know.
ted@melobar.com

Don Sutley

Pensacola, FL
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2000 10:23 am    

Ted,
I checked Austin City Limits website (www.pbs.org/klru/austin/index.html) and checked the local listings. It seems that KBDI in the Broomfield/Denver, CO area rebroadcasts the program on Wed. night/Th. morning at 1 A.M. If this is true, I'd try to find someone in that area to tape it for you. I don't know anyone. Good luck.

Ted Smith

Post  Posted 23 Feb 2000 2:39 pm    

Thank you Don, that is a lot of help, I owe you. And I do know a couple of CO. players, oh Mr. Geers...Mikel?? Any of you guys have a VCR that records late at night?

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2000 5:53 pm    

I heard and saw the show. The Melobro sounded real good. Jeff played the hell out of it.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2000 1:42 pm    

Hey Ted--did you get a video copy yet? If not, and if you're still interested, let me know. I got it on tape last night and I just checked and I'm happy to say that I succesfully programmed the VCR so it is indeed ACL/Clint Black and not Gilligan's Island. I'll send it on over to you if you want it.

------------------

Carter U-12 7+6

Ted Smith

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2000 2:06 pm    

FANTASTIC Jon!! I certainly will take you up on that and pay for the mail and video guy!
That's the first national appearance of the Melobro and it's going in our little music room archives over here. The joke is I missed it while working in the new Twinn Falls factory on the CNC, machining Melobro necks.

Thank you very much Jon! I won't forget it.

Ted
ted@melobar.com

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2000 2:11 pm    

Great, Ted. Glad to help. Let me have a mailing address. By the way--do you have a rough guess on the postage? I'd rather just stick some stamps on it and drop it in a box (you just wouldn't believe the lines at a NYC post office!)

Ted Smith

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2000 3:07 pm    

I'll check on it Jon, shoot over to email-ted@melobar.com and I'll have Selby email the cost from her shipping sheets.

Ted
ps. I'll be in the paint booth till late tonight so it will probably be tomorrow.

[This message was edited by Ted Smith on 24 February 2000 at 03:08 PM.]

Mikel Nelson

San Diego, CA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2000 12:16 pm    

Sorry Ted...havent' been up on this forum lately. Otherwise, I could have taped it for you!

Ted Smith

Post  Posted 25 Feb 2000 9:10 pm    

Well I just saw the show and the sound was good, Jeff's playing was great. But the blasted camera man never showed the guitar(after this many years I should be ready for that), then Austin City Limits runs the credits as "dobro" with a little "d" as type and not brand name and no Melobro. That, burned me. Anybody know how you get to the producers of Austin City Limits!!
Anyway, Clint did put on a great show as always.
The offer still stands though to the next one who get's Melobro WITH CREDITS on Austin City Limits gets a steak dinner on theodore.
Same with the next lap steel guys, it's the one show that I like to watch and it's always a kick to see our stuff up there.

Ted

Jeff Peterson

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2000 3:05 pm    

Well, well, it seems there's no pleasin' some people.

Ted Smith

Post  Posted 26 Feb 2000 5:36 pm    

Oh no, of course not. Though that was some pretty hot little diddlin going on there ole man.