The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  **SOLD**12-String VZ Custom Tele for sale**SOLD**
Bud Veazey

Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2011 10:57 am    

This guitar has been sold. Thanks for looking.

12-String Custom Built Tele w/hard shell tweed case. $775 (Also for sale on Ebay for $825. Buy through SGF and save $50) Shipping: $29 to continental U S.

The body is ash. The finish is “pearlized” nitrocellulose lacquer. Pearl additive is mixed with tinted nitro to put some “sparkle” in the finish, then that finish is covered by several coats of clear nitro.

The 22-fret rock maple neck is from Warmoth. It has a rosewood fretboard and a medium C Profile with medium 6105 frets. The truss rod is dual acting with the adjustment at the heel. The nut width is 1-3/4". The fretboard radius appears to be 14". The tuners are Genuine Kluson vintage style. I cut and installed a bone nut.

The pickups on this guitar are GFS Neovin noiseless. You can learn more about the pickups at www.guitarfetish.com. Being “noiseless” each pickup has two stacked coils. I wired the pickups so they can be split. If you pull up the volume knob, the neck becomes a single coil. If you pull up the tone knob, the bridge becomes a single coil.

If you have a favorite set of single coils that you would prefer over the Keystones, send them to me and I’ll install them. I’ll give you a $60 credit for the Neovins, but $35 will be knocked off the credit as an installation charge for your pickups. In other words, if you provide replacement pickups, you can deduct $35 from the cost of the guitar.

The bridge is a Gotoh hardtail 12-string bridge.

Included with this guitar is a brand new hard shell Tweed case manufactured by Tradition Guitars.

Every guitar I build is one of a kind, with a unique look and sound. I usually turn out one of two VZ Custom guitars a month. I use only top quality components. This guitar is as good as or better than any $1,200+ cookie-cutter factory-built guitar.

Any guitar is only as good as its setup. I spend a lot of time setting up VZ Customs for optimal playability. I set the action as low as possible without encountering fret buzz. I set the neck for minimal relief. The nut slots are cut for optimal distance between the bottom of each fret and the first fret. I always check for high frets and level if necessary. I check fret ends for smoothness. The final step in the set up is to check the intonation of each string and adjust where necessary.

If you have any questions about this guitar, please ask. If you want a more detailed picture of anything, I will try to oblige.

Last edited by Bud Veazey on 13 Apr 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 30 Mar 2011 6:11 pm    

Hey Steel Players, tell your 6-string picker friends about this one. All reasonable offers considered.

Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 13 Apr 2011 7:50 pm     12-String Custom Tele Sold

This VZ Custom Guitar sold on Ebay. Thanks for looking.