The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Please Delete-traded
David Alexander

Mead, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2011 2:10 pm    

Note: Please close. Traded back to Charlie's Guitars in Dallas for my new Collings D2H. This Martin DC16RE Premium acoustic guitar is not typical of any other D 16 series Martin now in production as it has the high gloss lacquer East Indian Rosewood finish on the back and sides. It has the Fishman Prefix Premium stereo onboard blender system which includes a condensor microphone. It has a selector switch on the electronics circuit board that can be changed to send the stereo signal to an external blender for additional tonal control. This guitar is in excellent condition with the exception of a small spot above the pick guard on the treble side and two small dings on the lower bout also on the treble side. I bought it new at Charlie's Guitars in Dallas, TX in 2005 but they now have a Collings I'm eyeing and this needs to go to pay for it. I'd take $1550 for it shipped to the lower 48 only. No trades please. You can co to the C.F. Martin website and click on inactive models to check out the specs. There were very few of these guitars made. I read they were discontiued because they were cutting into Marin's higher end guitar sales as they were too close to them in appearance with the lacquer rosewood finish. The D 16's produced now only have the flat dull mat finish on the back and sides. DA