The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Latency !
Dale Bessant

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2011 7:14 am    

Good day fellow forumites and BIAB users.... I have installed BIAB many times and never had a problem setting the latency...but yesterday I installed it in Windows 7 and I could not for the life of me set the latency correct. Could not match it up , always off.
It is a RealTek sound card and a fairly new HP PC, everything else is working great
Any and all suggestion welcome... thx... Confused

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2011 7:24 am    

I've never tried to record along with a BIAB music file, in the PC.

I deal with latency in my system as I have Sonar and use it for my recording Studio system. But there are ways to decrease latency in some sysems with buffer sizes. But that is in the recording interfaces, not the PC's sound card.

Run the free DPC Latency checker and see what that shows you. http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Dale Bessant

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2011 7:37 am    

Sorry I forgot to let everyone know this is in the Real Band not in BIAB itself...when I import from BIAB or other sources I cannot set the latency to match up...

Dale Bessant

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2011 9:51 am    

THX Jack Ill give that a try and see .. DB