The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB Acting Up
Alan Tanner

Near Dayton, Ohio
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2010 2:07 pm    

I have version 2008.5 installed, and other than occasional quirk it has been working fine. Now, it has decided life is boring so it's going to act up. I have had the Coyote Fortedxi installed for awhile also and it has been doing great. Now it has decided that every time I open BIAB, or try to use it, it tells me that my 30 days are up and I need to enter the "code". I ener the code, but Coyote is not working correctly. Plus, every time I re-boot up, here comes that message again. I downloaded a new copy of Coyote also as I thought maybe my copy was corrupt. No luck....same problem. I have uninstalled both BIAB and Coyote a few times, but no luck....same problem. BIAB works fine when I go back to the "factory" settings. (after midi instruments it sounds pretty flat and dead, but at least it works). Any ideas???
EDIT ADDED..My system has about 900 gigs of hard drive left and has 8 gigs of RAM. I use Windows 7 pro. It all worked before???

Alan Tanner

Near Dayton, Ohio
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2010 11:57 am    

Well, after fooling around with this for a few days, I called BIAB. They answered on the second ring and I talked with a very nice gent. He had me try a few things and solved the problem. Great service from BIAB and nice to talk to someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about and that speaks English....

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2010 3:34 pm    

So Alan, what did you have to do to fix it?

Alan Tanner

Near Dayton, Ohio
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2011 4:10 am    

Sorry...I didnt see where anyone had replied. The guy at BIAB had me turn this and that off and on but he finally had me go the BIAB icon and switch over to running it under "administrator". This fixed it immediately. What is REALLY strange is that, after restarting the computer, it switched back, but biab still worked OK and has since the "fix". He and I agreed that possibly windows did an update maybe, or my virus scanner changed something etc etc. It's one of life's little mysteries how this stuff works sometimes. Runnin' good now and have been tinkering with using individual WAV files from BIAB and loading them into REAPER. BIAB will let me render a tune into a WAV file for each instrument, bass, drum, piano, etc, and then I can plug that into REAPER. Works pretty good...knock knock.

Robert Tripp

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2011 9:18 am    

BIAB tech support is usually great. I just got my 2011 and hope to have it up and running in a day or so.

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2011 4:03 pm    

Robert Tripp wrote:
BIAB tech support is usually great. I just got my 2011 and hope to have it up and running in a day or so.

Smile You are going to LOVE it! Lots of really great updates and add ons!

Enjoy, Gary