The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Melelani Hawaiian Steel Guitar, 8 string
Wayne Joseph

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2010 1:26 pm    

For sale is this beautiful Melelani Steel guitar. It is hand crafted from figured Shedua hardwood, a fairly rare wood from Africa. It has a custom designed Hilo Tone pickup made for us by Jerry Wallace. Its has CTS pots and a vintage Cornell capacitor, and is finishhed in Nitrocellulose lacquer. It is a 22.5" scale. The bridge is a vintage Rickenbacker design, and the headstock has a 12 degree pitch. Our guitars are handcrafed one at a time in the aloha spirit, and made in the USA. Also available in Koa, Canarywood, Mahogany and Zebrawood. Our goal is to build the nicest vintage flavored lap steels in exotic woods for the advancment of Hawaiian music and other non-pedal steel styles. The price is a modest $650, and comes with a custom fitted travel bag. Call 541-997-7561 for more info.

Wayne D. Clark

Montello Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2010 3:13 pm    

Wayne, Do I understand from your post that you build these lap steels? Or you have a source where you can obtain them? It has been a long time since I have had an 8 string lap steel, they are a very versitle insterment considerand they have no pedals or livers.

Wayne D, Clark
Wisconsin
Desert Rose s10 3/5
Goodrich Pedal
Peavy 110

Doug Jones

Oregon & Florida
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2010 9:39 am    

I've had the pleasure of playing several Melelani steels. They are all carefully and beautifully crafted instruments. I like the shorter scale for slants and found all of them to have a warm rich tone. If you plug one of these in you will start to hear the waves lapping! Seems like a great price to me.

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2010 8:28 am    

Any sound clips?

thx

bob