The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender Stringmaster Triple
Max Laine

Pori, Finland
Post  Posted 16 Dec 1999 3:10 pm    

I just received this lot of parts for a triple neck Fender Stringmaster. It's dated 8-58 under the tuner pan, the pots are from 56, 57 & 58, so it's a '58 model. Scale lenght is 24 inches, so I suppose this is the ideal non pedal console that everyone should have. The only trouble is, it's in parts! It has everything except; the rods used to keep the necks together (and all nuts and washers), the legs and the leg sockets, and the TWO NECKS!!! It does have one neck which is apparently the outer (far) neck, because it has nail holes for the diamonds covering the connecting rod holes, and there has been a "Fender Fullerton California" logo mounted on the top. The neck is 2 1/4" thick. Everything else is there; six pickups, three bridge assemblys, three tuner pans, three saddles and even most of the screws, but it's missing the two necks! I believe it's impossible to find those two pieces of wood, so I need a little information to help me get them made: What is the thickness of the two other necks? Are they alder or ash? Also, if someone could help me with a wiring diagram (what is the switch beside the neck selector switch?). If someone has the legs and leg sockets for sale, please let me know! I believe I would have to have the two extra necks fabricated, so I need some help to get this done. I live in Finland and I think this is the only original Stringmaster in this country so I don't have another guitar as a model...
Any help appreciated!

Thanks, Max

Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 16 Dec 1999 4:33 pm    

Max,

I talked to a guitar dealer a couple of weeks ago who has a 1957? triple 8 Stringmaster body which is missing most of the pieces you have. He has had it for years and it would be really nice to build a triple 8 from all original parts if you can get it at a decent price. E-mail me if you are interested and I may be able to work out some of the details for you.

Harry

sheppard@digisys.net

Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 16 Dec 1999 4:34 pm    

Max,

I talked to a guitar dealer a couple of weeks ago who has a 1957? triple 8 Stringmaster body which is missing most of the pieces you have. He has had it for years and it would be really nice to build a triple 8 from all original parts if you can get it at a decent price. E-mail me if you are interested and I may be able to work out some of the details for you.

Harry

sheppard@digisys.net

Jason Lollar

Seattle area
Post  Posted 18 Dec 1999 11:08 am    

The other necks are 1-7/8" and 1-1/2" thick. Wiring diagram can be found somewhere on Seymore Duncans web site, I have seen it and have it stored somewhere on my hard drive but I couldnt find a link for you. My SM is ash and I suppose they all were because of the transluscent qualities of blonde and walnut finishes. Do you have a blonde? I think you could use a piece of all thread for connecting the necks, good luck finding some original bodys!

Chris DeBarge

Boston, Mass
Post  Posted 19 Dec 1999 6:36 am    

Max,
This is funny, but my Stringmaster has the front neck missing! It should be a triple, but it's now a double. Have no idea who did this, got it in a music store basement several years ago. I considered making another neck, but it would be too much trouble chasing down the parts. And too expensive for a guitar I'm not personally very fond of. It's dated 5/54 I believe.

Unfortunately, I am selling it but already have a buyer lined up for that beast. I'll let you know if that doesn't work out.