The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  lost styles
jolynyk

Prince Albert Sask. Canada
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2010 9:48 pm    

I have BIAB 2009, In styles under other, I had some styles called NSSKP7 Sty and other numbers, I reinstalled & reinstalled my BIAB. Now those Styles don't show up.. I did a rebuild with no luck.. I also installed all my Real Tracks discs, but they don't show up in Styles under Real Tracks...
Help please..

jolynyk

Post  Posted 1 Aug 2010 10:40 pm    

Think I kind of figured out where everything is, but don't know how to get at it...
I had BIAB on my C drive, & my desktop icon points to C drive. BUT, I bought a 1 TB external drive & installed BIAB & all 39 real tracks and Real drums on my external drive H... How can I put a desk top icon to point to my H drive, & then I can uninstall BIAB from my C drive.. Rick told me to look for an exe file & put a desk top icon on there, but for the life of me I can't find anything that will put a BIAB icon on my desktop for the H drive..

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2010 10:58 pm    

jolynyk wrote:
Think I kind of figured out where everything is, but don't know how to get at it...
I had BIAB on my C drive, & my desktop icon points to C drive. BUT, I bought a 1 TB external drive & installed BIAB & all 39 real tracks and Real drums on my external drive H... How can I put a desk top icon to point to my H drive, & then I can uninstall BIAB from my C drive.. Rick told me to look for an exe file & put a desk top icon on there, but for the life of me I can't find anything that will put a BIAB icon on my desktop for the H drive..

Form the desktop, right click, click new, new shortcut, browse to the drive where BIAB is located, find "bb.exe", select it, click ok. This should do it. (sounds harder than it really is)

Smile

jolynyk

Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 5:26 am    

Hi Rick thanks for your reply.. I can't find BB.exe anywhere. I found the BB folder, but it's not in there. I even did a search of my computer, & nada..

Maybe I have to clean BIAB from my computer, & reinstall to Drive H, & then if it asks if I want to create a desktop icon, I say yes????

If I put everything on my H drive, do I need any BIAB on my computer itself other than the shortcut??

Leon Carpenter

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 9:10 am     Lost Biab

This works for me. Start--Computer--H drive--in search type (BBW)--right click the BBW icon--select send to desk top or start menu. Close H drive. You should have the BIAB short cut on screen. Double left click,and this should get it to open. Leon

jolynyk

Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 10:15 am    

OK, tried that & it put an icon on my desktop, BUT, when I open BIAB, & go to Styles, all the Real Tracks have 0 beside them,, where it says other , there are 20 listed.. When I click to play something it says Real drums are not available.. Yet when I go to start- H drive-BB folder, then open Real tracks folder, & all my Real Tracks are in there from 1 to 39... & when I go to the Drums folder, everything is in there.. But seems that BIAB are not opening them..

BIAB is also on my C drive, & when I go to C-bb folder-Real tracks folder, it is empty, also the drums folder is empty..

Is it possible that my desktop Shortcuts are opening BIAB on C drive & that's why Real tracks & Real drums aren't showing up when BIAB starts up.. I did a rebuild, but nothing, I looked for new styles, & nothing..

What would happen if I went to add remove programs & removed BIAB from my C drive. would my shortcut then maybe open BIAB on my H drive.????

jolynyk

Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 10:41 am    

Now I'm stumped even more.. Thiught I'd go to add/remove programs & check it out... No BIAB in there to remove, so I go to start-all programs, & find BIAB, everything is listed that it's on H drive, including the Uninstall, but I don't want to Uninstall H drive. So I go to My Computer-C drive & there it is BIAB in all it's glory..
Me thinks this computer is having a lot of fun with this old guy.. Whoa! Confused

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 7:15 pm    

John,

I know what's going on there, but it's too difficult to explain in without you following along on the steps. Kind of like trying to explain to someone how to tie their shoes over the phone, if they have never done it before. I'd suggest you call the PG Music support line and let them walk you through it. They'll ask you some information to identify you in their customer database and then they'll help you with anything you need.

Oh yes, the file is bbw.exe not bb.exe my mistake.

Good luck! Smile

Smile