The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  duplicate Styles (deleting)
jolynyk

Prince Albert Sask. Canada
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2010 8:40 am    

How can I be sure some styles are duplicates.. When I call up Styles, then "other" there are styles that have the same name, & sound the same, particularly the Ray Price shuffles I purchased from bOb... But then again, all the Ray Prices shuffles sound the same to me.. & if they are duplicates, I would think BIAB would say that these Styles Exist, do you want to over write them??
How do I go about deleting duplicates??

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2010 1:48 pm     Re: duplicate Styles (deleting)

jolynyk wrote:
How can I be sure some styles are duplicates.. When I call up Styles, then "other" there are styles that have the same name, & sound the same, particularly the Ray Price shuffles I purchased from bOb... But then again, all the Ray Prices shuffles sound the same to me.. & if they are duplicates, I would think BIAB would say that these Styles Exist, do you want to over write them??
How do I go about deleting duplicates??

Almost impossible . . . well, possible, but so much work that it is not worth it to me.

If you have just a few that you think are the same you can open the first one, choose "STYLE" from the main menu. Then "Edit current style", Choose one of the styles patterns (i.e. A, B C . . . . ), next click the "Pattern" button, then "Edit Pattern" and write down the pattern for that style. Do this for each of the Sub styles (i.e. A, B, C ...)

So now you know what is happening in this "STYLE".

Next do the same thing in each style that you think is the same and compare your notes.

If you have a screen capture program it will save a LOT of writing down of this info to compare.

So . . . how important is to not have duplicates - IMHO not any - if they are the same, so what. They are VERY small files and don't take up any space to speak of.

Good luck, Bo

jolynyk

Prince Albert Sask. Canada
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2010 2:47 pm    

OK thanks, I will leave them before I screw a bunch of other things up.. I just figured for sure as smart as BIAB is, that it would say something like "this Style already exists, are you sure you want to over-write it", or something to that effect..