The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Change in style? Help?
Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2010 7:57 pm    

I have figured out how to change styles a couple of times in the song. But I can only use built in styles. I have a jazz tune that changes fr0m bossa to swing a couple of times in the song. I figured that out. What I cannot figure out is how to find a hybrid style that I created in the middle of the song. I have a song that has an 8 bar kickoff in bossa2. After the 8 bars i want to convert to my hybrid style. I cannot find it in "Bar Settings" style change.

Somebody help!

Robert Tripp

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 10:29 pm    

Ron,

If you have saved that style as a .sty file in a folder somewhere, you can move it or copy it over to your BB folder.

Then when you open your style finder it should be listed under other styles, once you have done a rebuild of the listing.

Good Luck.

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 10:55 pm    

Roberts right. I've found that any hybrid styles that I create have to be saved to the bb folder for BIAB to use them.

Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 10:27 am     Doesn't work

I already can use my hybrid styles, but only if i go in to the style change from the beginning of the song.

I want to play the first 8 bars in one style (built in)and switch to my hybrid style after 8 bars. I cannot find it in the list even though it resides in the BB directory. I even edited the list and created a "MY Styles" folder and added my style to that folder. When I change the style at the 9th bar the entire song still plays in the default style that i added from the beginning of the song.

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 2:08 pm    

Here's how I do it. hit the "F5" key to go to the bar settings window at the bar where you want to change styles. Then, up at the top under "style changes at current bar" click on "open" to find your hybrid bar that has to reside in the bb folder.

Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2010 8:37 pm     Done that

I have done that 50 times. I get a message that Style changes will be ignored because my main style has real drums.

I even got online with a PGmusic support person and they could not make it work. As long as i use built in styles it works. When i use my hybrid style it will not work at all. It just goes back to the main style and won't change at the bar i want to change. even though it shows the hybrid style in the style window it won't play. When i set the entire song to the hybrid style it plays perfectly. when i try to change to the hybrid style after 8 bars It just ignores my hybrid style and keeps playing th one that I set at the beginning of the song.