The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  I Made a Promise
JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 5:41 am    

I would like for you to change your mind, because the information you have given to us we need, an enjoy, besides this is not Sept as the song goes. Jerry

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 7:58 am    

Jody, One of the best times I have had on the Forum is reading your post.I have never missed one.Please don't make any of us miss you and your sincere uplifting posts.

------------------
Smiley 15-4 Crank&pull pro model Deluxe with auto string changer.200 ft. roll.

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 8:09 am    

Please stay on Jody. There's alot of us (myself being one of them) who sincerly need you here.

Bob Hickish

Port Ludlow, Washington, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 8:16 am    

Jody
Only You know what is best for you !
and I wish only the best .

I was only 15 when you appeared on TV
and I was a steel student - you empressed
me back then - I could not tell you what the guys
name was that I watched on The Godfree show
until now !!

I have only been a member of the
Forum a few months ! and in all the years I have
been a want-to be - Steeler this is the first time
I have felt I'm a part of the Steel Guitar world ,
and you were there from the start .

Thanks for the inspiration back then & now.
Bob

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 9:33 am    

This is Lorrie, Jody's daughter. I have been reading your comments and nice things you have said about my dad and how you all feel about him.

My dad is having problems with his health as well as his feeling the loss of my mom.

Please dont pass judgement on him as though he has deserted those who have befriended him. He is going through the most difficult time of his life right now

Since this happened he has not been on this Forum beacause he feels so bad for those who care for him.

My dad had a battle with cancer a few years back and the doctors are trying to find if that has showed up again, but with radiation it he is clear of the cancer he had.

Please try to undertand him. He's a wonderful dad and grandpop and I only wished I was as lucky as my mom was to have a husband like my dad.

Please understand,his compassion is strong for all of you and he feels as bad as you do.Give him some time to adjust,he will not let you down,he has never let our family or his friends down. He was respected all those years at Fender as one of the most sincere and honest people they had.

I had to do this because it bothered me to see that he has hurt some of you and not by any means intentionally.

He is hurting as much as some of you are because he finds himself living alone with his two lahasa aspo pups and no one to call his friends where he lives.

This Forum has been his only means of communication,my heart is heavy for him.

February 20th will be a difficult day for him as he and my mom would have celebrated their 51st wedding anniversary.

Please understand, my dad is one of a kind and for that I thank God.

He would welcome your e mail. I saw him yesterday as we took him out to dinner and I could see the hurt in his eyes.he looks fine in spite of all he's been through.

Please if you can understand what he is going through. His life has changed over a short time. Please bear with him. I wont guarranty I will answer right away because I work for a school that helps autistic children. He misses his friend Carl West and Gene Jones who he admires.

There are hundreds of you that he has much respect for. His friend Roy Ayres who keeps an eye on him over the e mail. So email him if you wish. Im sure it will make him feel good.

Bless all of you for your feeling about my dad as you do, our family always knew the kind of man he is.

Lorrie Carver

Last edited by Jody Carver on 7 Oct 2012 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 9:51 am    

Hi Lorrie,
Sometimes people need a break from this place. There are many more important things in life.

Just make sure he knows we all care for him, and he is always welcome here.

Joey

John Davis

Cambridge, U.K.
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 11:35 am    

Mr. Carver,
Peace and good wishes whatever you decide, but I hope you come back,we need good people here.JD

John Hawkins

Onalaska, Tx. on Lake Livingston * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 6:55 pm    

Lorrie,
I have not posted until now but I have always enjoyed your Dad's posts and helpful advise to us all on the forum. I admire you in the highest degree for the very fine post you entered here and the love you show for your Dad !

With you as a daughter, Jody will get back his old self ! He is very fortunate to have a daughter who has come on this fine forum on his behalf and explained his situation .

You are to be commended !!! Our prayers are with you and your Dad whom you admire so much and so do I and the forum members
GOD bless !!

John

Lyle Bradford

Gilbert WV USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 8:39 pm    

I feel the same as all the others. Jody we will miss you but take what time you need to heal. You are in our prayers.

George Brown

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 8:40 pm    

Jody,
As you probably know, I don't post very often, although I try to read the Forum nearly every day. After reading your decision, I felt that I should send a short one. Please seriously consider all of us who look for, and read all of your posts.
If you still feel that you must go, please take my best with you.
George

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2005 10:34 am    

Lorrie,
My sincere apologies if I appeared flippant in my recent post about Jody’s decision. If this is REALLY what Jody wants and/or needs, then I send my love – and wish him God’s peaceful blessings. Jody is very blessed to have you as a daughter. You are so very kind and caring!
Love,
Donna

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2005 8:18 pm    

Lorrie ,Your dad has my home phone number and i want him to know that he is welcome to call me anytime that he needs to . I support whatever is best for Jody as well as the other forum members do . If there is anything that i can do please let me know .
God bless the Carver family and then some . Gary .

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2005 7:35 pm    

Hi
Its me again.

I'm happy to see my dad posting again. I tried hard to convince he made a mistake, but since he's like a kid at times,and like all kids he changes his mind often. In this case I hope he doesn't entertain those idea's Im glad to see him among his Forum friends again.

Best wishes
Sorry not to have answered your e mails but I have been busy as a bee.

Goodnight.

Lorrie Carver

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2005 6:33 am    

continued at http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum4/HTML/007905.html

I have to make my "Lock Quota".
It's near month end so I'm closing this one.