The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB files to Powertracks individual tracks per instrument
Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2009 11:39 am    

OK for my next question, how do you import BIAB files to Power Tracks with each individual instrument on its own track.

Thank you guys for your help!!!

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2009 11:57 am     Re: BIAB files to Powertracks individual tracks per instrume

Bill Hatcher wrote:
OK for my next question, how do you import BIAB files to Power Tracks with each individual instrument on its own track.

Thank you guys for your help!!!

Save your BIAB song as a midi file, and open it in Power Tracks.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2009 1:04 pm    

If you do that just in midi, won't it only play back with just the midi sounds? I want to record the real track sampled sounds to individual tracks in Power Tracks.

I transfered a stereo track from BIAB to Real Tracks. In BIAB it had the nice Real Tracks sounds, but when I played it in Power tracks it was only the midi sounds.

Trying to figure out how to transfer the individual BIAB Real Tracks to individual tracks in Power Tracks.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2009 1:54 pm    

Yes. I think you might be able save as a wav file and import to PT. I know it will play the Real Drums wav files. I'm not sure about the others. We'll both learn something here.

Not trying to push you off because I don't know the answer to your question, but if you go to pgmusic.com amd look under the support forums, you can find the answers to about anything.

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2009 4:28 pm    

I don't use Power Tracks and I may be off base but I think you will have to save each real track instrument in your file as a seperate .wav file. In other words, mute all the instruments except the real track instrument and save it as a wav. If you have more than one, repeat as needed.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2009 7:12 pm    

I will work on that! Thanks

Robert Tripp

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2009 12:24 pm    

Bill, if you have Real Band, it will open all BIAB files, or midi, or mp3, etc.

Better than power tracks, in that regard.

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2009 1:24 pm    

OK here is what I did.

Downloaded a trial version of Coyote DXI synth from the PG site for free 30 days.

Converted the midi piano track to MP3 using the Coyote piano sound....not too bad a sound.

Converted all the real track parts--guitar, bass, drums to individual MP3 files.

Imported them into PT one at a time via the "audio" tab and that is it.

I still do not know how to make a single file from the midi info without going through the DXI synth. I can hear the track being rendered using the soundcard in the computer, but upon playback there is nothing on the MP3.

Johnny Baldwin

Long Beach, California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2009 2:20 pm    

There is an easier way.
1. Save your BIAB song first. The tune you have composed on BIAB MUST be saved before you can save separate WAV files. Note: Wherever you save your BIAB song the separate WAV files will be directed to also. So, I normal create a folder on my desktop for the original song to reside. The separate WAV files will be directed and saved in this folder too.
2. On the control panel, to the left of the "play" arrow, click on the WAV. The "WAV" download screen comes up. To the left there is a box, which reads "one wav file per track". Check the box. Proceed with saving the file. The separate tracks (now separate WAV files) will be directed and saved to the desktop folder you previously created. Note: The files will normally say something like "Blue Jade rendered piano" or "Blue Jade rendered guitar". I usually rename the separate tracks in caps DRUMS, BASS, GUITAR, PIANO, etc. I then import the separate WAV tracks into Power Tracks or Magix's Samplitude, remix and then add vocals and harmony.
Hope this helps.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2009 6:47 pm    

Thank you sir!!