The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Accutronics, off to Korea they went!
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2009 8:48 am    

Just got this email back. Looks like another great American company gone away!

"Dear Ken

How are you Ken ?
This is H.Park of Belton in Korea and start to manufacture Accutronics products and ours.
But we just installed all equipments of Accutronics in Korea after transisiton and can supply Accutronics reverb from Feb. 2010 . So, if you need these urgently during this time, please refer to our website as " www.belton.co.kr " and try to use Belton products which spec is same as your requested. Our Belton spec is BS3FB2C1B.

Please consider this situation of Accutronics and inform us your opinion by return.

Again so sorry for making your troubles.

Have a great X-mas holiday and year end.

Best regards / H. Park "

Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2009 9:17 am    

Sad

this sucks.

Bill A. Moore

Silver City, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2009 5:16 pm    

Everbody hates for things like this to happen, I only hope the guys at Accutronics were able to get a decent price for their company. Belton could have just put them out of business, and then got the name for next to nothing.
If someone will buy from Korea, because a tank is $10 cheaper, then I guess we don't deserve an American company.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2009 5:16 am    

Our great musical instrument making heritage is being shipped overseas over a few lousy dollars.
We produced the best of the best as far as musical gear was concerned, just a few short years ago.. Now we produce buyers of cheaply made oriental products. Thank God for a few smaller builders that STILL produce the worlds best musical instruments.

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2009 6:25 am    

Companies have been either "outsourcing" or like Accutronics outright selling the company to foreign entities for years.

In the case of Accutronics, with the proliferation of "electronic reverb" units there isn't the market there once was.

Like many others, I would like to "buy American" but in many cases it's impossible, even with an American Company or name. I saw a bunch of factory boxed NV112's at Bobbe Seymour's back in August and the boxes all had "Made in China" on them.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2009 7:36 am    

What will be left of America for your grand kids?

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2009 11:18 am    

Well, one corollary subject is that seems to me to be a vast oversupply of all things musical stacked up in music rooms, stores, pawnshops and studios too. How many of you are personally going to be buying an amp because you need one, next year? I know people with a half-dozen amps and a dozen guitars who haven't had a paying gig in years, if ever. If you cleaned out these stashes, there's probably several genuine American Accutronics reverb tanks that aren't even being used for each and every one of us.

If you could stop all amp manufacturing for five years - and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to the production of live or recorded music - aren't new amps essentially a vanity toy, anyway? Rolling Eyes And no, there's not going to be anything left for the grandkids - I can't for the life of see how they'll even have electricity & food, if we don't stop... buying extra amps and stuff, among many, many, many other steps.

Rich Hlaves

Wildomar, California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2009 12:04 pm    

I really don't see the how owning too many amps & guitars has anything to do with the economic and market conditions that caused the sale/move of Accutronics to Korea.

Their products are typically used in high end units for which the market is acually quite small. These products don't wear out like toothbrushes, actual replacements due to a "worn out" amp are rare. I don't see a replacement market at all, only an upgrade market and purchases due to changes in personal style or taste. To grow the market manufacturers need to reach our youth and attract new players. Unfortunately I think our kids today are more interested in video games than musical instruments. Lack of musical programs in primary education also contribute to a shrinking entry market for all instruments.

Those who collect many guitars and or amps (players or not) are really no different than those who spend their disposable income on gardening for example. I really don't care how many amps or guitars my neighbor has tucked away in his closets or under his bed. I would think it would be good for the industry actually. Purchasing the right gear can actually be a good investment. Stopping the production of all amps for five years would be interesting.........I don't think it would do anything but put people out of work.

Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2009 2:12 pm    

I was told , a couple days ago , that Peavey was buying Gibson. It came from a music store in Bristol Tn. Guess that Made in USA on the Les Paul peg head
could be on the way out. Might buy me a new one while I can !

Rich Hlaves

Wildomar, California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2009 3:09 pm    

Bill Moran wrote:
I was told , a couple days ago , that Peavey was buying Gibson.

That would be tragic IMO but still a sign of the times.

Jim Kennedy

Brentwood California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2009 7:30 pm    

This may be a little political, but it must be asked: Where will jobs for our kids and grand kids come from??
If you don't produce something that somebody wants to buy, you can't have a viable economy. Wal-mart and guitar center can't employ evrybody. Even Lionel trains are made in China now.