The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fiddle kick off, BIAB ?
Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2009 6:51 pm    

Sometimes when using the real tracks, fiddle,,
I can get the fiddle to do the ,,bow bounce or the chick, chick on an intro.

Once I replay the song the ,,chick chick fiddle kick off, is gone. If I just use, replay, its there, but if I re-generate the song, its gone.

Does anyone know how I could save or find the fiddle part without regenerating the song a dozen times.

It would be nice to know how to get the, chick chick, fiddle kick off saved for other songs.

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2009 7:51 am     Re: Fiddle kick off, BIAB ?

Richard Tipple wrote:
Sometimes when using the real tracks, fiddle,,
I can get the fiddle to do the ,,bow bounce or the chick, chick on an intro.

Once I replay the song the ,,chick chick fiddle kick off, is gone. If I just use, replay, its there, but if I re-generate the song, its gone.

Does anyone know how I could save or find the fiddle part without regenerating the song a dozen times.

It would be nice to know how to get the, chick chick, fiddle kick off saved for other songs.

DISCLAIMER: I've never tried this:::::

Off the top of my head with no searching the documentation here is something you can try, while others may have a better answer:

Real tracks can be assigned to the SOLO instrument. So, start a new file called "Fiddle Kick Off" and keep regenerating it until you get the kick off you want. Then make all remaining measures/chords mute the SOLO (solo fiddle in this case) for the rest of the song. Save this as a template for any future songs.

Now, when you want to create a new song open this tempalte and finish inputing the chords and other instruments. Then save it under a different name.

Not very elegant but I THINK this will work.

The issue is that behind the scenes are "Styles" that have several measures of different - umm - note patterns and a "weight" for how often each of these patterns play. So each time you regenerate a Real Track it's pot luck. That is why sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't.

With a LOT of time and effort a person could create a "kick off" style and set its weight at 100% so it would always play - not me bro - but there are some here that might find that a worthy challange. LOL

Good luck. If I think of anything else I'll give you a jingle. Merry Christmas!!

As a side note: The way I would do this is export the Kick off file to SONAR and finish up the project in that software - but that's a totally different ball game.

Bo

Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2009 9:41 am    

Gary, thanks for the Info. I will give it a try ASAP Smile

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2009 7:01 pm    

Richard Tipple wrote:
Gary, thanks for the Info. I will give it a try ASAP Smile

Richard . . . . this just in from PGMusic. BIAB 2010 now allows you to "freeze" one or more REal tracks, MIDI Tracks and/or Audio Tracks. So my method above would work with a "frozen" fiddle track used as a template for other songs.

Check out all the great new updates in BIAB 2010.

Blessings, Bo Baker