The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Memorial Tribute in the Derby Room
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Memorial Tribute in the Derby Room
Jaynette Mondie

Louisville, KY
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2009 1:49 pm    

A great big thanks from all of us to Danny Hammers , Ron Elliott , Billy Robinson and Lynn Owsley. Chris Castle and Chubby Howard did an outstanding job . Also all of the wonderful singers and musicians (just too many to mention and I don`t want to leave anybody out) made this an unforgettable "Memorial Tribute" to my Dad Charlie Stepp. To the Astronaut Steve Robinson and Jett Williams special thanks to take time from their busy schedule to come in the Derby Room. Also thanks to Carl Kilmer for his endless hours of taping all this. Plus all our friends from Louisville and surounding areas that followed us to St. Louis. I know Charlie would have been so proud; we felt like he was right there with us . We will treasure this Tribute for ever. The Stepp family

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2009 8:44 am    

i Know this was exactly how charlie would have wanted it... This was an outstanding event. It was so great to pick with my good friend chubby howard again...

I think Margit enjoyed herself as well... It is always great to see her... she is practically family and should be like my "adopted-aunt" if you will. Laughing

it's always good to see all of my friends in Derby.

You can't go wrong with that bunch... Bob, Dee, Danny Hammers, Margit, Ron Elliot, Lynn Owsley, Billy Robinson, Chubby Howard... just perfect. It couldn't get any better!

Charlie will always be with us and will always be with Derby Steel. that I can assure you...

-chris castle

Bob Callaway

Bob & Barbara of Shepherdsville, Kentucky
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2009 11:49 am    

Thanks Danny,Lynn,Billy and Ron for all you guys did to make Charlies Memorial great. We had so many people contribute I can't remember them all. Thanks to the many Louisville Metro Steel Club members that attended this honor to Charlie and Margit. Love you all.
Bob and Barb.
Member LMSGC, NTSGA, ASGA, OzarkSGA, PSGA,
www.BobCallaway

bruce fischer

florissant, mo. 63031 USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2009 1:08 pm    

thank you all who made it possible and who were there playing, it was LARGE! margit, what can we say? we lovya! bruce & lynn

Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2009 2:55 pm    

I really enjoyed playing bass for Chris a couple of times in the Derby room.

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2009 6:29 pm    

hey Chris, i enjoyed having you play bass with me as well my friend. i really appreciate it and thank you for that. Anytime we meet again I would be honored to have you as a bass man or I would be glad to repay the favor to you on the instrument of you choice Razz
thanks again my friend. keep in touch. my website is www.steelpickn.com and you can get my other info from my forum account