The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Frankie Rodgers passes away.
John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 2:14 am    

One of the most outstanding and personable fiddle players in Canada has passed as of Sept. 9, Frankie Rodgers from Vancouver. Don't know his whole history, but it goes back many years and was well loved for his fiddle playing and modesty. We'll miss him. Sorry, Hank.

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 7:25 am    

This is terrible news ... I'm absolutely devestated. I was aware Frank had ms, but like so many, thought it was basically under control as he was still playing his great fiddle when last I spoke with Hank in June. Frank and Hank made such a fine brother team. Hank, an exceptional pedal steel guitarist, (as well as excellent solid body guitar soloist), and his brother Frank who was the undisputed "King of Western Swing fiddle" in Canada...two highly talented brothers with whom I played in the early years of their career. Frank, (and Hank), both very fine gentlemen and modest of their talent.

Mary and I send our heartfelt condolances to you Hank at this very sad time.

Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 11:27 am    

So Sorry to hear this terrible news!! Hank is a member of the SWSGA and about 2 years ago, he brought his brother Frank with him to our show to play. And play they did!! Both excellent musicians. I did not know Frank too well, but his death a huge loss to his family as well as to the music world. Our condolences to Hank and the rest of the family.

Billy and Meriul Easton
Las Vegas, NV

John Cadeau

Surrey,B.C. Canada
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2009 12:12 pm     Frankie Rodgers Passes

I'm having a hard time with this. Frankie and I were good friends. He sat in with our band a few weeks ago. I was expecting to see him this Sunday for an annual musical tribute we do for another musician who passed away a few years ago. whenever he got on stage with our band he insisted on being beside the steel. He loved that steel sound. And for me having a great musician like Frankie on stage with me was a very big thrill. I'm going to miss him, big time.
John