The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. DERBY ROOM ...with business as usual at ...ISGC.at St. Louis
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  DERBY ROOM ...with business as usual at ...ISGC.at St. Louis
Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2009 7:13 pm    

Hi Wayne
Well I know you can get the job done.
I'm leaving in the morning for Nashville to meet up with Lynn, Billy, and some more going up on a bus. by the way, Hazel Helms is coming with us. This is looking like fun to me.

Did you check out Southern Steel Guitar Conventions new site
It's at www.SouthernSteelConvention.com

Well I'll see you there Wayne
Danny
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA

Chubby Howard

Franklin, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2009 5:59 am    

Well I had a blast this year even though I only got to play for about 4 or 5 hours (HA-HA). Thanks to Danny and his lovely wife and Lynn and my buddy Chris Castle and his wonderful family and thanks to my son for singing a few with me Tony. And of course everybody else who was a part of the show and all the people who came in to watch thanks again and god bless Charlie Stepp!!! Chubby Howard

Don Lampley

Thompsonville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2009 7:42 am    

Well I had great time as always the Derby room always makes me feel at home played behind some wonderful people and now friends. Also thanks to Lynn for having me play on the radio show see you all next year hopefully sooner. Almost forgot it was good to see Margit she always makes me feel at home wonderful woman thanks.

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2009 12:05 pm    

i had a GREAT time pickin in the Derby room this year!!

Friday night was absolutely terrific!! My good friend chubby howard and myself kicked off a good set and my 10pm we had the room full and people watchin' from the hall ways. It was the greatest feeling in the world. I love all the derby pickers. they are my friends. Mr. billy robinson, lynn owsley, chubby howard, mr. ron elliot. I was so glad to be a part of this great event. I know it is what charlie stepp would have wanted.

I also got to see my good friends bob callaway, danny hammers, and my "should-be-adopted" aunt mrs. Margit Stepp Very Happy

I truly cant wait for next year.

thanks to everyone who stopped in to watch and to everyone who picked up one of my new "Steel Pickn" cds.
if you didnt get a chance to pick one up you can find all the info you need to order one at my website... www.steelpickn.com

thanks again everyone and God Bless!!

-chris castle Very Happy

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky

Friday night was absolutely terrific!! My good friend chubby howard and myself kicked off a good set and my 10pm we had the room full and people watchin' from the hall ways. It was the greatest feeling in the world. I love all the derby pickers. they are my friends. Mr. billy robinson, lynn owsley, chubby howard, mr. ron elliot. I was so glad to be a part of this great event. I know it is what charlie stepp would have wanted.

I also got to see my good friends bob callaway, danny hammers, and my "should-be-adopted" aunt mrs. Margit Stepp Very Happy

thanks to everyone who stopped in to watch and to everyone who picked up one of my new "Steel Pickn" cds.
if you didnt get a chance to pick one up you can find all the info you need to order one at my website... www.steelpickn.com

-chris castle Very Happy

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky

-chris castle Very Happy

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2009 12:06 pm    

I also got to see my good friends bob callaway, danny hammers,dee craig, and my "should-be-adopted" aunt mrs. Margit Stepp Very Happy

-chris castle Very Happy

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky

I also got to see my good friends bob callaway, danny hammers,dee craig, and my "should-be-adopted" aunt mrs. Margit Stepp Very Happy

-chris castle Very Happy

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky

-chris castle Very Happy

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky

-chris castle Very Happy

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2009 12:11 pm    

wow.. i dont know what happened with this computer guys!! Sorry for all the re-posts...

Last edited by Chris Castle on 9 Sep 2009 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Carl Kilmer

East Central, Illinois
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2009 12:48 pm    

Many thanks to everyone. You all made it a wonderful event.
Danny, Lynn, Ron and Billy (hope I didn't forget any one)
I think you handled everything very well the entire time.
We all appreciate the way you fellows and Margit made this possible.
It was sure nice to see Margit again, and visit with her.
Thanks again everyone. You all made a lot of people very happy.

Carl and Jean Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy