The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Working out in the Fitness Center
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Working out in the Fitness Center
Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2008 2:56 pm    

Just curious, I worked out Friday and Saturday morning in the hotel fitness center for about 45 minutes and I was alone most of the time (9-10 AM).
Did anybody bother to work out to keep in shape during the convention?
Does anyone even know where the fitness center is?
Those breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets were not exactly health food....
(they put gravy on everything over there!)

T. C. Furlong

Lake County, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2008 3:18 pm    

Tony, I didn't make it to the Millennium's fitness center because I ended up staying up until 4AM hanging out and catching up with friends. I just couldn't get my butt out of bed after only two hours of sleep. However, I did work out every show day at the Marriott's fitness center at the TSGA show in Dallas in March. I also had the place to myself. I remember thinking "Where is everybody?"
TC

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2009 8:40 am    

I don't use the one in my house. Why would I use one in a hotel, while on vacation? Very Happy

Hell, I even used a golf cart for all 36 holes last year.

Seriously, I suspect you'll have little competition for the fitness center because the schedule is pretty tight and, like T.C., many stay later than usual. But good for you in having the will power and dedication to do it.

Jay Jessup

Charlottesville, VA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2009 7:17 am    

Well just look around you at the convention---does it look like many use the fitness center! Winking
The extra 25lbs hanging over my belt says I don't!!

Colm Chomicky

Kansas, (Prairie Village)
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2009 4:10 pm    

I think it is one of those deals that everybody just assumes the gym is so crowded, they just stay away. Although, didn't one of the forum members say a few years ago that when they were working out Sara Jory was in there?

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2009 8:56 pm    

I can work out & exercise everyday & any day of the week at home......when I go to a convention, I want to spend my time listening to music, seeing the players, hanging out with friends and people whom I may only see once or twice a year, and oogle at the goodies.....a couple of days of not exercising is fine.....for me......

Roger Trahan

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2009 10:23 pm     Hi

Just booked my room and flights so let me know when your planning to workout amd I just might join ya. God Bless Roger

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2009 2:57 pm    

Hey Roger,
By the way, this was a post from last year that was revived for some reason....BUT with the number of our steel guitar friends and many others who have passed on, it certainly wouldn't hurt a whole lot of us to keep in shape, instead of overindulging at the buffets!
I've had some health issues and now work out daily and haven't felt this good in years.
See you there!

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2009 3:04 pm    

i usually hit the local gym here about 4 times a week on average... I usually work out for a decent amount of time when I go. I may stop in this year, but I'd say I will be listening to the music and just exploring and listening, enjoying, and admiring everything about this great steel convention that I've never been to before.

Roger Trahan

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2009 5:24 am     We have to work out!

Some of us have to work out for health reasons, I'll be at the convention this year so get in touch and we'll make plans to work out. ( Before Breakfast) Hope to see you there. God Bless