The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A Star in Heaven
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 5:41 am    

We just lost our nine year old sheltie this morning Star. Star had been ill for sometime. Star was more than "just a dog", she was one of the family that brought a lot of joy and love in our home. I bought her for my wife for Christmas back 2000. From a good Christian family that raised AKC shelties. She had a little patch on her forecrown that resembled a star.
My wife, Roxanne called me at work in tears this morning. It appears she passed in her sleep.
Star was a pure bred.
Tommy and Roxanne Shown

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 7:20 am    

Tommy & Roxanne,
My heart literally grieves for you and with you this day. Our pets ARE members of our families. Not only by our choice but also their tenacity to worm their place into that select portion of our hearts. (sure, animals are people too ya know)
I'm certain she brought much happiness and joy to all who knew her.
Rest assured that God in his infinate wisdom has a special place for them.

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 7:30 am    

Tommy, my heart goes out to you, too. We lost one of our Schnauzers just after Christmas....so we know how you are both feeling....Keep your chin up.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 2:18 pm    

Hal, John, thank you. Roxanne really appreciates it.
John, you are right, about that. Both our kids are grown and she just filled a void in our life, with her love. We buried out in the backyard close to Butters, the dog we lost when our house caught fire, two years ago. I was off sick for a couple of days last month, and she would lay up against my back in bed and kept a watch over me. If that ain't being devoted and loved? Raoxanne and I raised since she was a pup. She was a sweet, sweet dog.
Tommy

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2009 8:38 pm    

Tommy, I'm so sorry,Have been through that several times over the years,I KNOW how it hurts.There is NOTHING more GENUINE than DOG LOVE. DYKBC.

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2009 1:59 am    

Tommy and Roxanne,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you both. You've been through so much, and your pain is obvious.

Star - what a perfect name for a pet. Look up and see her in the night's sky....
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2009 3:29 am    

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your "STAR". These creatures we call dogs are members of our families if we will open up our hearts to them and allow them to come in. I feel our pets make us better people and brings a family closer together, they are truly a blessing....jr

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2009 2:57 pm    

Thank you Ms.Donna and Joe, As I said before they're our children since my daughter and my two step children have grown. Last night the other three were just laying around sort of moaping about. She was the pack leader. Roxanne is doing a little bit better today. We had some errands we ran together and I think it helped her take her mind off it.
God Bless
Tommy