The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Sale: custom Fouke "Stringmaster", long-scale
James Mayer

back in Portland Oregon, USA (via Arkansas and London, UK)
Post  Posted 10 May 2009 12:54 pm    

This is a custom Fouke Industrial Guitars lap steel. We went to great lengths to match the specs of a 26" scale Stringmaster.

Features:

- 26" Stringmaster specs. You can review the thread where I recieved most of the information from members of this forum.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=113009&highlight=

- 33 fret markers

- The pickups are by Jason Lollar (about $250, if I recall correctly). The pickup rings were designed and made by Chris Fouke.

- Tone, volume and blend knob

- 8 Grover locking tuners

- The frame is one long piece of bent aluminum for added sustain. Most of the Industrial steels are made from two pieces with and open back.

- I had custom "solid body" features installed. There is a steel plate running the length of the fretboard (underneath and not visible) and bolted against the instrument's top. This is for even more sustain and is removable if you want a more resonant sound. The bolts that hold down the fretboard travel through the steel plate and connect to the back plate of the instrument.

- Padded case, several sets of C6 string sets (purchased from this site) and allen wrench included.

This instrument is in perfect condition and cost me about $1000. It's simply not as versatile as my my Fouke D6 double-neck with pedal steel benders which has become my standard for performances. Also, I never really used the extra strings. I'm just not an 8-stringer. It's mostly been used for studio recordings as it has significantly better sustain and pinched harmonics than my other steels. It is heavy.

This has been a difficult decision for me, but I am currently unemployed and moving to a cheaper location. Two layoffs in the last year. I'm going to be selling other treasures soon, including a Maestro Echoplex. I think I just sold my Hilton Vol Pedal.

Please, respond only if you are serious. I'm taking offers as I'm not sure where to set the price.

[/img]

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 11 May 2009 5:21 am    

Fouke it!

John Purcell

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2009 7:13 am    

I own the very first lap steel, (12/05/2000) and Tele that Chris Fouke ever made.
He builds a fine instrument.