The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  c. 1937 Rickenbacher Model 59 w/ matching amp $950
Marc Stone

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2009 10:24 am    

Hey steelers,

Wanted to keep this after my last attempt at selling it, but I have a CD to finish and I would rather have killer horn parts than another killer lap, so here goes:

First year of issue (S/N E 077) metal bodied Rickenbacher Model 59 6 string lap w/ matching amp. As far as i can tell the set is all orig down to the tubes on the amp, paint around all screws on guitar is undisturbed, i'm pretty sure this set was bought new and never really played til I got in 2006. Some minor cosmetic blems, but still pretty darn clean for 70+ years old. Black paint is shiny, tuners are cosmetically in excellent shape and hold pitch well. Everything works GREAT and sounds awesome. Nice strong sounding pre-war horseshoe p/u and that sweet ghostly tone that only the metal bodies have.

Despite being advised by a very respected member of the Forum not to go below the $1100 I was asking last time I put this up, I'll let it go for $950 shipped in con US. I have enough gear and need to knock out this CD.

Might consider a trade for something really tasty (old tube amps, guitars, laps or a really good Dobro) but prefer to sell. Paypal prefered