The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bill Simmons Memorial
Pat Coyne

Gallatin
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2009 6:15 pm    

On Thursday April 16th @ 2:00 p.m. there will be a Memorial Service to Celebrate the life of Bill Simmons. This will be held at: Guiding Light Church 1800 John Rodgers Dr. Birmingham, Ala. 35210.

In lieu of flowers the family has requested assistance with immediate expenses. This may be sent directly to: Joyce Simmons P. O. Box 1134 Moody, Ala. 35004

A "Bill Simmons Memorial Fund" acct is being set up at Bank of America in Nashville, Tn. for medical expenses and deposits can be made at any Bank of America location.

There will be a Tribute/Fundraiser Event for Bill Simmons scheduled at a future date in the Dallas/Ft Worth area by the TSGA. Date and Time will be forth coming.

Bill Cook

Montgomery, Alabama, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2009 4:46 am     Memorial

All members and friends of the Alabama Gang are encourged to Attend The memorial Service for Bill Thursday at the Guiding Light Church in Birmingham, Alabama. The address is 1800 John Rogers Rd. Birmingham, Al 35210. We are requesting you bring your Steel, Amp seat etc. We want to send Bill Home with a Bang. Please be there set up and ready to play by 11.00 AM on Thursday. That will give us time to get setup, rehearse and maybe even go to lunch. I am sure Bill's Family will appreciate it very much for our large turnout. We know several Nashville and Texas players wii be there. Please come to the memorial for it will probably be the last time we see Bill's Parents Ric and Lil. Lets do this guys!!!!I am sure Bill would be the first player there if it was any one of us.
Musically,
Bill Cook

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2009 7:38 am    

Pat, Does the fund have an account number or do you just ask by name?

Pat Coyne

Gallatin
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2009 3:49 pm    

this is an account set up by someone@bank of america to help joyce and the family with medical expenses associated with bill in an icu unit for 13 days. Joyce is the sole administrator of the fund..total access is by her only...anyone can go to any bank of america and request to deposit money into the "bill simmons memorial"...no account # needed. If the branch has trouble loacating the fund...it was set up in nashville, and that will narrow it down in the unlikely event there is more than one bill simmons memorial fund. It will go into effect at noon cst 4/15. We plan on giving an ammount up front and then $10 to $20 every week....if we had only 100 people giving $10 each week when they go to the bank...that is a $1000.00 each week to help...just think of having 1000 people do this. Cathy and I are excited to bless joyce and in turn be blessed. God bless you all in a large way. pat

Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2009 4:40 pm    

I am sad that i can not attend the service duee to my job constraints and i know Bill would understand. I am very sad tonight, and at a loss for words. I always looked for Bill at the steel shows and made sure to have a conversation with him. he was the best. God bless you Bill Simmons.
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT

Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2009 6:03 pm    

I really hate I can't make it. I tried every way possible to get out of town but I couldn't find a sub that quick. Guys, please tell his family that I'm sorry I couldn't be there.

Joe McHam

Houston, TX * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2009 7:30 pm     Bill's Memorial/Tribute

Please stop by and sign his guest book...
www.joemcham.net/Memories/index.html
You may email photos, other memories to us..
Thanks so much,
Peavey Vegas Amp.
Casio PG-380 midi guitar
Ham Radio WA5OKT
Private Pilot SEL