The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thom Beeman
Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 10:16 am    

I am so sad to post this email I just received from Luann.

Quote:
This is Luann Beeman, Thom's wife. Please forgive me if you receive this message twice. I wanted to let Thom's beloved music family know, Thom passed away the evening of February 12, 2009. Thom quietly fought hard against his transplanted liver going bad but the liver won. Heaven is now blessed listening to Thom's beautiful guitar playing. Many hours every day Thom received much pleasure and peace from his pain chatting, emailing and talking to all of you who loved music as much as him. For that reason, I am and will eternally be grateful.
With much Love and God's Blessing to All - Luann Beeman

- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 10:54 am    

This is so sad...My condolences,I'm so glad that I got to know Thom. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 11:13 am    

Thom was a great guy.

Being a liver transplant patient myself, we shared a unique bond. I will truly miss him.

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 11:39 am    

I see Luann has emailed a lot of folks. In itself that's a tribute to how well known and loved he was.

As Tony has said, there is a bond between those who have had a liver transplant. From 2005 onward when I was diagnosed with end stage cirrhosis of the liver Thom was with me every step of the way, answering every question. He was a firm Christian and always put it in the hands of the Lord.

We all will miss this very very brave man. May God bless him in his new home.

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 11:39 am    

My condolences..

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 11:44 am    

RIP Thom. May GOD bless,comfort, and keep his family always. Jody.

Allan Thompson

Scotland.
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 11:57 am    

So sad to hear of Thom's passing. I met Thom on a few occasions at the Dallas show over the years and the one thing I'll always remember was his great sense of humour. R.I.P. Thom.

James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 12:43 pm    

We were shocked to receive Luanne's email and are rendered speachless. Thom was dear to our hearts. Luanne' our prayers go out to you in this time of tribulation for you. We love you.
James and Tree Morehead

Chippy Wood

Elgin, Scotland
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 1:19 pm    

So sad to hear about Thom, our condolences to Luuane.

Ron (Chippy) & Sylvia Wood

Archie Nicol

Ayrshire, Scotland
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 3:42 pm    

I checked my mail tonight and sadly, Luann's was the only one. Thom, along with Jack Shults, was a great comfort to me when my sister passed. He would joke with me in e-mails about his condition, but would never once complain. Luann, June and I send our heartfelt condolences. His legacy will live on in his excellent steel seats. I know mine will outlast me, and we're both built like brick outhouses.
I'll raise a glass to Thom tonight.

Cheers, Thom.
Thanks for being my friend.

Arch.

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2009 1:29 pm    

My condolences goes out to Leann and family. I had the opertunity to have a great deal of fun with Thom - First Chuck Back and I built him a Desert Rose and second I think I may have the record for the most Steelseats that Thom ever built. He built me one and delivered it to a show in Mesa - he sold it to someone else so I did not even get to take it home. He built me another one just before Dallas - he sold that one in Dallas - before he got the replacement built he sold mine again - he built me yet another one - that next year at the Mesa show he sold mine again - then again at Dallas - finally I told him I was going to take Steelseat off the seat and put a tag on it with my name so he would not sell it his exact quote was - "That won't stop ME - I'll just change out the Tag ----- I do have one of his seats.

Just had to tell a good one about Thom.

RIP buddy
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2009 8:14 am    

Joe, That is a good story and sounds just like Thom. He would always come looking for his bag of goodies when we were at the same show. So sorry to hear about his death. Luann we will have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Donna & Jerry

Cal Sharp

the farm in Kornfield Kounty, TN
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2009 4:42 pm    

I had the pleasure of being Thom's webmaster for the SteelSeat website, and you couldn't ask for a nicer client. I never got to meet him in person, but through emails and phone calls I knew him as a caring, thoughtful man with a great sense of humor who loved life and loved what he did. This is a loss for the whole steel guitar community.
Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville

Gregg Thacker

Pasadena, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2009 10:24 pm    

I had the pleasure of meeting Thom at the Texas Steel Reunion a few years ago and he indeed was a caring person and a wonderful craftsman! His craftsmanship can not be replaced.

Gregg