The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP Marie Cox Momma of The Cox Family
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2009 5:06 am    

Marie Cox Of The Cox Family, very talented family group, who sometimes toured with Allison Krouse, died of congestive heart faillier on monday. Our prayers go out to this great family. Andy H.

Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2009 9:21 am    

If you find any offical obit I would be interested.

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2009 4:49 pm     Marie Cox

Janis; Our joke of a newspaper didn't print anything yet. She had a beautiful funeral at the church she attended in Cotton Valley, La. I didn't attend, but my boss who lives next door to them did. I don't know how they did it, but the family sang all the songs. Allison played fiddle only. Then at Maries request, Willard sang their favorite hymn,solo. He may be in a wheelchair, but he's a much stronger man than I'll be. The church was full & about the same number outside. Can't say anymore than that. If you talk to Allison, maybe she could elaborate. Thanks for asking. Andy H.

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2009 4:28 pm     RIP Marie Cox Momma of The Cox Family

Jannis; I finally found Mrs. Cox' Obituary for you. Here's what they printed. Andy H.

Written by Press-Herald Staff
Wednesday, 18 February 2009
Funeral services for Mrs. Marie Coleman Cox, 70, of Cotton Valley will be held at today, Feb. 18, 2009, at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Cotton Valley with the Rev. Kenny Joyner and the Rev. Everett Geis officiating. Burial will follow at Cotton Valley Cemetery under the direction of Bailey Mortuary, Cotton Valley.

Visitation was held Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009 from 5 until 8:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Cotton Valley.

Mrs. Cox, a lifelong resident of this area, died Monday, Feb. 16, 2009 at her home in Cotton Valley. She was a faithful member of the First Baptist Church; was a former school bus driver at the Glenbrook School in Minden and worked in the Cotton Valley High School cafeteria for many years. Mrs. Cox was a dedicated wife and mother and sang with her family in the music business.

She is survived by her beloved husband of 50 years, Willard L. Cox; daughters, Evelyn Marie Hobbs and husband Marv, of Vivian, Peggy Lynn Cox, and Marla Suzanne Ratcliff and husband Bob, all of Cotton Valley; son, Sidney Lawrence Cox and wife Christie, of Cotton Valley; sisters, Peggy Stevens, of Bossier City, Pansee Cox of Grand Prairie, Texas; brother, Norman Coleman and brother-in-law, Red Rhodes, both of Benton; grandchildren, Melody, Christin, Jason, Michelle, Brandon, Anna, Brian, Sara and Lydia; great-grandchildren, Liam, Caroline and Mollie; and a host of nieces and nephews and special friend, Alison Krauss.

Serving as pallbearers will be Marv Hobbs, Jr., Bob Ratcliff, Jason Thurman, Brandon Ratcliff, James Rhodes, Jr., Joey Burroughs, Wesley Rhodes, Tony Howard, Heath Emanuel and Josh Burroughs.

Honorary pallbearers will be Red Rhodes, Billy Windham and Kevin Davis representing the Edward Davis family; Ben Franks – representing the Tilman Franks family; Billy Jennings, Kurt Golsby and Dennis Sunderman.

Mark Wade

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2009 5:30 pm     So Sad

Crying or Very sad This was one of my favorite groups.
I never got to see them live, but have two cd's.
Voices and harmonies so pure no wonder they were connected with Allison. In my opinion they should have been at the top. One of the songs called "Backroads" has a great steel break played by either Paul Franklin or Tommy White. Again very sad to hear.

Mark
BJS Bar
Peavey AMPS
Webb 614 E