The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Sale; Fessenden Sd-12 (4 x 5) -SOLD!!! - SOLD!!!
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2009 10:11 pm    

For Sale: Fessenden SD-12 (late 1990's model)
4 pedal x 5 knee lever REAL GOOD SHAPE BOTH COSMETICALLY & MECHANICALLY!! Tuned to Jeff Newmans Universal tuning but minus the B6th pedals. This is per Jerry Walker who was involved with the set up and tuning of this guitar. I really don't know much about it. Copedent could be changed easily. LIGHTED FRET BOARD (red neon lights installed in all of the steers eyes-looks great in low light area) The copedent is on the first picture. The glare is hiding the copedent part of the LKV. It lowers the 5th string from B to B flat. The rest of the copedent should be legible on the photo. If not, let me know. On the undercarriage the screw holes you see were from the knee levers being moved outward. They can be moved back in easily. That is the only change to the under-carriage.
This guitar was recently mechanically adjusted by Bill Rudolph at Williams Guitar and he installed a new LKL knee lever with his hardware and put a flag on it.
The following is per Jerry Walker of Stereo Steel:
FESSENDEN 12 STRING S-12 NEWMAN TUNING LESS B6TH PEDALS COPEDENT:
The “0” pedal , which when used w/ the “a” pedal, you get a nice fat A7th chord,
Root on the bottom. The b flat lever (LKV) which allows the 5th string to be a “C”
Note or a “b flat” note depending on the “A” pedal. Many cool jazzy chords are available w/o having to resort to C6th, especially when the RKR is applied. THE RKL only lowers 2 of the E-s. This allows a fabulous Emaj7 chord w/ the root on the bottom, exactly what you need for the intro to Night Life.
The split tuner (on 5) is only really needed on the 5th string. It allows one to tune the lower w/o the “A” pedal depressed. With the pedal down, tune the nylon for the LKV. W/ the pedal off, use the split tuner. I’m sure that don’t make sense, but it’s the truth!! This guitar was set up by Jerry Walker of Stereo Steel. This is his tuning.

NOTE: THIS GUITAR WAS LISTED BY ME LAST YEAR ON 1-30-08. I SOLD IT THEN FOR AROUND $1,700.00 AND THAT WAS A GREAT DEAL!!!

I AM SELLING IT NOW FOR THAT GENTLEMAN. HE RECENTLY PURCHASED ANOTHER GUITAR FROM ME AND DOESN'T NEED 2 STEELS-

HE WANTS A QUICK SALE ON IT SO IT IS BEING PRICED RIGHT FOR THAT!!!

PRICE: $1,300.00 (Add $75.00 Freight/Insurance)

Any questions contact me at alvesel@mchsi.com
phone 218-254-2082

Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Last edited by Al Vesel on 15 Feb 2009 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2009 11:45 am    

Wow Al. This looks like the deal of the century. I love a Fessy and at this price it's a steal. If I could sell my ZB fast enough to get it, I'd get it. This will not last long enough. Makes me miss my old black Fessenden.
Best of luck on the sale, but with this list price you won't need luck.
Duncan

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2009 8:30 pm     Fessy SD-12-Pending Sale

Duncan,
TXS buddy, and you're right it didn't last long. At least I think. I have a pending sale He is going to contact me tomorrow to seal the deal. I Will keep the forum posted.

TXS to everyone that looked and donation to follow after funds received.

Al
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Jerry Bull

Republic, MO, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2009 3:04 pm    

I'll take it if it's not sold. please let me know

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2009 11:29 pm     Fessenden SD-12 - SOLD- Funds Received-Please Close

FUNDS RECEIVED - So please close Bob- Donation to Follow!! TXS to all that looked!!!

TXS
Al Vesel
Smile Smile Smile Smile