The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bonnie Price R.I.P.
Skeeter Stultz

LOMITA, California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2008 7:34 pm    

Bonnie Price, owner of the Foothill Club in Long Beach, Ca passed away Dec. 23. I'm sure that each and every SoCal picker that has worked for her has a special story or memory of her.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2008 10:20 pm    

" Bonnie Price " was a Power player for Country Music & Musicians In Southern California And for Nashville. She is another one of them people who The Academy Of Country Music new world of business heads could care less about in our back yard for what she has gavin' to it History. You won't see her in The academy of Country Music Museum here in Southern California. Bonnie Price thank you and your family for all you have done for me in my Music Career.RIP, Bonnie Price,I love you, Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2009 10:26 pm    

Hey Skeeter,I'll see you Saturday 12 noon! Forrest Lawn in Cypress,California. Leo

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2009 4:54 am    

My son sent me a text message from California that Bonnie had died, I was really sorry to hear about it. I thought she had already passed away as I'd heard that a few years ago from someone else.......

Bonnie was a sweet lady and a great business person but she treated her musicians with respect and in a sense "like a family". I always felt at home around her and liked her a lot...

The old Foothill Club had a "homey" feeling about it and didn't really seem like work as a lot of clubs did and Bonnie contributed to that feeling. RIP Bonnie.........JH in Va.

PS...I wonder what ever happened to all those great old poster size photos that hung all over the place, those were cool.......JH in Va.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2009 8:32 am    

Hey Jerry,I'll ask Bonnie's son Ronnie or grand son Jr., what happen to them picture? Leo

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2009 2:13 pm    

Leo, she also had an old ZB double neck pedal steel in the office. I'd like to know what happened to that guitar also. I think I could have bought it at one point but I've always been a S-12 man....JH in Va.

Billy Tonnesen

R.I.P., Buena Park, California
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2009 3:29 pm    

I only worked at the Foothill filling in for someone once in a while and for special occasions, but once you worked for Bonnie she always remembered you. If you would stop by the club to see some of your musician buddies, you could always walk back in the kitchen area and she would acknowledge you and you could always have a free cup of coffee. She was a terrific lady !

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2009 6:43 pm    

Does anyone have an address where I could send a card to the family? I don't suppose the old large house Bonnie lived in is still standing is it? I know they built some condos or apartments where the Foothill used to stand.......

Billy T. you're right about Bonnie, I remember about a year after I'd left the first time I was playing at Shire's in Stanton and getting pretty fed up with the situation there so I stopped by the Foothill on Saturday night as they started playing at 8:00 PM and saw Bonnie and asked her if they needed anyone there. She told me she'd ask Billy and they could probably find a place for me which they did so I came back. I really liked the old kitchen too, you mentioned the coffee, it was a little strong at times and you had to always check your cup before you poured the coffee in to see if there was a cockroach in the bottom of the cup!......JH in Va.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2009 10:23 pm    

Jerry,I'll get an address from Ronnie Price tomorrow when we honor Boonie to rest. Leo

Harley Morris

Riverside, California, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2009 4:33 pm     Bonnie Price

For anyone wondering..... The spot where the "Foothill Club" was located, now has a bunch of apartments standing there...

Harley

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2009 4:39 pm    

Hey Harley,the shoe shine stand is still across the street in that liquor store! Leo

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2009 7:19 am    

Hey Skeeter,I didn't see you there at Bonnie Price's rest Place. Sad Leo