The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bill Boyd Golf Classic Tournament .. RIP - Bill!
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2009 10:25 pm    

Many of Country Music's Top performers got together in Burbank,California at the De Bell Golf Course for the Bill Boyd Golf Classic Tournament.It was always fun with these Artist like Ray Benson from " Asleep At The Wheel",Doug Supernaw,Buck Owens,Rick Trevino,Kenny Chesney,Mark Miller,Toby Keith,Aaron Tippin,Gary Morris,Tracy Lawrence,Chely Wright,Neal McCoy,John Michael Montgomery,Buddy Alan,Johnny Lee,Doug Stone and so many others over the years.These memories keep me hanging on to what our neighborhood was all about for Traditional Country Music with my Late good friend Bill Boyd. Sincerely in Music,Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2009 6:37 pm    

Leo, are you saying the ACM golf tournament is not being held anymore? I've played (Da) Bell many times. Love the sign on the first tee, "Watch out for rattlesnakes."

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2009 10:40 pm    

Ken,It's still on in Las Vegas,but,it's not the Bill Boyd Classic anymore. The last one was just before Gene Weed died at the De Bell in Burbank. Just little veggie tales of our past.I know most on here don't care for the History past,but,I love it. The 60's to the mid 80's was the true spirit for us out here for Traditional Country Msuic as Musicians even with Mickey Gilley & Johnny Lee's looking for love to bring back real Country. Leo

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2009 10:56 pm    

Bump: Bill Boyd did die and so did his Golf Classic with the ACM. Crying or Very sad Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.