The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Mullen Guitar Company Invites You.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Mullen Guitar Company Invites You.....
Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2008 7:52 pm    

CONGRATS ROGER!!!!!!

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2008 4:56 am    

Is that really you, Red?

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2008 5:00 am    

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it might be appropiate to post it here as well. Also, I saw both the guitars outside the Mullen room most of the weekend. At one point, there was only one sitting there and some guy playing 6 string through a small amp. Anyway, I was asked if I wanted to play a guitar when I first walked into the Mullen Room. When I told them I could not play a standard guitar, I was quickly accommodated with an over size guitar. Jerry Newberry sat with me and talked with me and explained the G2 to me as I played it. In fact, it was Austin's guitar and Jerry took the time to set it up for me so I could play something while I was in St. Louis. As I left, Mike thanked me for trying the guitar out. The only other guitar I saw that was set up higher than standard was a Blackjack, and there was no seat at it and no one ever said anything to me when I looked at it. I am not even sure if the person who ran the booth was even there since I dont know who that would be. Mark Giles offered to set up a higher guitar for me, other than that, no one said anything or made any offers to me to play a guitar and being it was my first trip there, I didnt know who to ask to play one. I assumed they would all be set up and ready to road test. For a first timer, it was somewhat confusing but Mullen did go out of the way to make me feel welcome in the booth with them....James

Charlie Powell

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2008 5:35 am    

They impressed me to the point that I bought a new G2. I dealt mainly with Mike; he and the rest of the Mullen folks were very friendly and easy to talk with. I too need a taller guitar, I got to play Austin's guitar a bit which fit me somewhat, and then Mike helped set me up with a lower chair and tilted the guitar I was interested in buying so I could get under it a little bit to check it out. They didn't have longer legs and rods with them, but Mike offered to ship them to me late this week and then I will return the standard legs and rods to him, so you can't ask better than that.

Mike Mantey

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2008 7:11 am    

Thank You guys on behalf of Mullen Guitars. We go to these shows to try and make your trip a pleasurable one. Feedback is always appreciated. Looking forward to many more....... Congrats to all the new guitar owners. Thank You again for another great show.

Also thanks to Scotty and Crew, great as usual.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 9:19 am     Congratulations to Mullen for a great booth this year

Congratulations to Roger Crawford. You played it, felt it, and knew you had to have it, right? I told you how great the G2 felt and sounded. You will be happy. No strings breaking also as a bonus.

Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 9:51 am    

YUP!!! It's Me Roger, Ha!! Ha!!