The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Another great Conv
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Another great Conv
JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2008 4:05 pm    

Thanks to Scotty an his family it was another great conv, I don't know how Scotty pulled it off with Dolly an Barbara, but very few people knew they were going to be there, it was quite the suprise, the main ballroom was packed for the awards, what a deal. I took two young boys with me this year both in the 11th grade, they had a blast, they just had a wonderful time, they also got to play some in one of the rooms out in the hall, they play alot of Jerry Reed music an had there own little crowd going, so they also had alot of fun. Thanks Scotty

Jerry

Don Lanier

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2008 12:06 am     Jerry Reed

Darn I wish I would have heard that, Im a Jerry Reed fan and worked with him on many shows doing sound in the Midwest, Glad to see the youth following up with the Alabama Slamma !!!

It was a very fun show and lots of work went into the "Surprises" and making it all work out. Ive got some good Pictures but it wil be a day or so before I can get them uploaded.

"The Big Show" always lives up to its name, I hope anyone in the path of the Hurricane is safe and we will keep them allin the Gulf States in our Prayers.
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlprocase

Benton Allen

Muscle Shoals, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2008 10:02 am    

Hey Jerry!
I didn't get to the Convention this year because of the hurricane. I've been operating evacuation trains between New Orleans and Memphis. Bad timing, I guess.. Smile
I was really looking forward to seeing you again and to give you an update on the old Sho-Bud. In short, it's doing fine.
Enjoy your holiday!
I'll be in touch.
Cheers!
Benton

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2008 2:07 pm    

Yes! Thanks to Scotty and his family for another great convention. Also, a big thank you to every musician and singer who went on stage to entertain.

A few highlights for me included Norm Hamlet in the HOF and on stage, Johnny Bush singing the strongest he has in several years, and hearing The South Mountain Band and four great Canadian steelers (Al Brisco, Bob Taillefer, Jeff Bradshaw and Steve Smith). The Canadian's kept it going strong until 3 am Saturday morning.

JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2008 4:16 am    

Hi Benton Glad to hear from you, you must put some pictures of the Sho-Bud crossover on the forum so they can see what a great restoration job you have done. The widow of the original owner was just thrilled to see what you had done.

Jerry

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2008 5:09 am    

Kudo's to Scotty and staff for one of the best conventions ever.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.