The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Jazz Room at the 2008 ISGC schedule
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jazz Room at the 2008 ISGC schedule
Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2008 7:50 am    

I finally finished the schedule. Thanks to Jim Cohen for his help. Every time I asked him for help, he was there (plays pretty good too). This year Barbara (my wife) will be selling CDs of the performers in the Jazz Room at a table in the Jazz Room. There will be no video taping allowed. Colm Chomicky will be the official video taper and will be video taping strictly for posterity. Buck Reid sent me his CD to prepare for his set and it's great. Barbara will be selling that CD along with everyone else's.

The 2008 ISGC Jazz Room will be held in the Jefferson Rooms from 10:00 am to 1:50 pm on Saturday, August 30th. The players are as follows...

Jim Cohen................10:00 am - 10:30 am
Russ Wever..............10:40 am - 11:10 am
Jim Loessberg..........11:20 am - 11:50 am
Buck Reid.................12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
Maurice Anderson.....12:40 pm - 1:10 pm
Dave Easley..............1:20 pm - 1:50 pm

Rhythm section is:
Jim Stahlhut - guitar; Bob DeBoo - acoustic bass; Kyle Honeycutt - drums

It should be a great show again this year. It will be great to hear the players who have not played the Jazz Room before, Jim Loessberg and Buck Reid. Everyone else is a veteran and we know how great they all sound. Again it is a privilege to have Maurice Anderson, one of the greatest Jazz steel players ever. Dave Easley and I have played some Jazz shows since last year so Dave is ready to burn playing some of each of our original tunes and some standards. Buck Reid will be doing a couple of his cool originals. Those of you who have been to the Jazz Room know this rhythm section cooks. A true Jazz rhythm section.

Thanks,
Jim

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2008 2:46 pm    

Another great Jazz show shaping up. I'm headed that way one week from tomorrow.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2008 3:00 pm    

Bump, for a great show. Just a few days left. Smile
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2008 3:00 am    

Hey y'all break a leg.
I wish I could be there of course.

I'll be there in my minds ear,
in between the notes floating in the ether!

Real happiness has no strings attached.
But pedal steels have many!