The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. The Norway Contingent
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  The Norway Contingent
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 5:31 am    

Just a heads up on the Norwegians attending the convention this year.

Of course, Egil Skjelnes and Dag Wolf will be performing. I strongly suggest you all take time in your schedule to catch the performance of these two fine artists, you won't regret it.

Besides Dag and Egil, there will be six others attending. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are: Nils Farstad, Norleif Sandvik and Atle Kvalsvik. I just met with these guys and can vouch for the fact that they are the finest people you would ever want to meet. Stop and have a chat with them, say hi from me.

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 7:29 am    

I have been a big fan of EGils since we made a music exchange a few years back..He is a very commercial studio player backing up Artist and his solo CD shows his skills.Two years ago I made it a point to catch Dag and Egil and the Norway contingant. Norway is behind no one in Country music, certainly the Steel guitar is more than well represented ..

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2008 11:35 am    

Joe Casey wrote:
I have been a big fan of EGils since we made a music exchange a few years back..He is a very commercial studio player backing up Artist and his solo CD shows his skills.Two years ago I made it a point to catch Dag and Egil and the Norway contingant. Norway is behind no one in Country music, certainly the Steel guitar is more than well represented ..

Joe, you said it well there. That Norway is behind no one is very accurate, I have first hand knowledge of that. My vacation took me to Norway this year and to two Country festivals. One, where Egil was backing up Lynn Anderson, was a sight and sound to behold. 1000's of miles apart just don't matter any more...it sounded like Egil had been backing up Lynn for years. His cool demeanor and flawless execution put me in mind of a certain "Cool Steel Man" from Nashville.

The same with Dag Wolf..he backed up The Whites. Here again the delivery was 110% and with a wide smile to boot.Dag knows his stuff and works like the professional that he is. Never once did he step on the singer or the other lead instruments.

I am very proud to announce my Norwegian heritage in connection with the steel.

You all have loads to look forward to with Dag and Egil's performance.