The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Youtube
Delvin Morgan

Lindstrom, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2008 5:42 pm    

What do you need to put a video on Youtube? A digi camcorder ofcourse, what other hard/software?

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2008 5:50 pm    

you need something to oopy the video to your hard drive,
then you need to make sure it's no longer then 10 mim,
you also have to make sure that it s no more then 100 mb in size then you can upload to youtube...

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2008 2:30 pm    

I use a Canon Power Shot 540 Camera with a 2 gig card. I set it up on a Tripod, make a few test shots[url] for picture and volume, then try to play without [/url]mistakes for 3 min Sad

Then take the SD card out of the camera, stick it in the PC and edit it or..uhhh DELETE it

I did try using a few inexpensive Kodak Camera's and the quality was pretty bad, the Canon seems to be a good compromise without buying another digital gadget.

Some digi Cameras are limited in TIME for video, so check that out before you purchase. This Canon and others can record a single video until the card is full, thats what you want.

From here I use Windows Movie Maker, which I believe was resident on the PC when I bought it. I just cut out the gunk at the beginning and the end and thats all she wrote. Save it with an appropriate name and then upload to YouTube or wherever.

TIP, when recording video, give yourself a few ON CAMERA indications which will make it very easy to cut out the parts at the front and end later on.

Video is very odd, you are talking to and playing to a Camera , nobody is watching and listening but you have to make like they are !

ps

it is easy to overdrive the small Camera mic so be aware, so I have been told Sad