The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Indy Gospel Show
Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 5 May 2002 1:42 pm    

What a great show. Doug and his wonderful wife, Stevie have put on another classic. The super icons of our steel delivered the unforgetable sounds and feelings that stired the packed audience. The backup proved their sensitivity and creativity. The names you all know, but you should have been there...I'm glad I was!! Bob and Carol

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2002 5:12 pm    

Me too Bob!! It was wonderful!!
Jerry

Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 May 2002 10:07 pm    

Bob,
Glad you and Carol arrived home safely..and you to Jerry,and Carlene...
Enjoyed the music and the visiting at the Gospel show...My thanks to Doug and Stevie and their staff for their hard work and dedication to help make the show a great success...
And I thank them for letting me be a part of it...
Those that couldn't make it ,missed a great show and an inspirational program...try to be there with us next year...
RP...'come on in'...

Ken Mullett

Bremen, Indiana, USA and Sarasota, FL
Post  Posted 6 May 2002 7:00 am    

Hi Bob, I agree.Although I wasn't able to be there until 1:30 P:M Sat. I got to see you play,Doug Jernigan,Hal Rugg, John Hughey,Herby Wallace,vocals by Rob Parker,Rob McKeithen and Doug Rolfe and the excellent house band made it well worth the 3 Hr.drive. Doug and Stevie have done a real good job on this annual Gospel Steel Guitar Concert. Ken

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 6 May 2002 6:12 pm    

Barbara and I just returned today from Indy. We had a great time and the show was first class. This was my first attempt at working as a staff player for a total gospel show and I must say it was a wonderful experience, the Lord works in marvelous ways. Doug and Stevie were wonderful hosts who treated us royally. Every steel guitarist on the show was "super" and it was my pleasure to be given the opportunity to work with each and everyone of them as we played The Lord's music. We are looking forward to next years show with great anticipation.
Thanks again Doug, Stevie and all of the Gospel Steel Association for having Barbara and me at your show.
....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 7 May 2002 2:37 am    

When Jernigan, Hughy, Rugg and Wallace jam the Gospel with Roy on the keyboard...the earth shutters! Thanks for the experience! Bob

JACK HEERN

MURPHYSBORO,IL. USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2002 6:59 am    

What Bob said!!!!
Roy, I didn't hear one Catholic note come through You played bible thumper all the way. It was great to work in front as well as beside you again!!...Doug and Stevie what can I say 'cept thanks bunches. The only dull part of the show was the first set
Jack

Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 7 May 2002 9:22 am    

Come on Jack! When you and Jenee do Amazing Grace, you could hear a pin drop. The beatiful effect still lingers. Thanks, Bob

Leonard Bick

Washington Court House, OH USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2002 6:59 pm    

You guys are so right....The Indy Gospel Steel Show was a fantastic place to be. The Sat. afternoon jam was mighty good! Doug Jernigan was his "fantastic" self, as always, and Gary Adams, the guitarist, was "awesome". It was worth the trip, just to hear the jam. I commend Doug and Stevie for a great job and the wonderful "spirit"
they portray!

lgfout

Laguna, Phillipines
Post  Posted 8 May 2002 10:08 am    

This was the first time my wife and I have had the pleasure of attending the event. We were very blessed by the experience. We sat glued to our seats most of the time. The music was so beautiful. All performers did an outstanding job. We also had the pleasure of talking to many there. The couple sitting behind us had come from LA!! For a "Newbie", what a awesome experience to sit and listen all of you who really know your stuff.
We bought several CD's and listened to them all the way home. Thanks to all who planned, organized, egineered and performed for a most memorable occasion.

God Bless,
Larry & Jan Fout

[This message was edited by lgfout on 08 May 2002 at 11:11 AM.]

lgfout

Laguna, Phillipines
Post  Posted 9 May 2002 2:09 pm    

Below is a link to my Webpage for the INDY Gospel Steel Guitar Concert. WOW!!! What an event. The presence of the the Lord was there, definitely. Please excuse the quality of the pictures. I am not a photographer and haven't gotten used to the flash settings on my camera.
Doug worked hard to organize this top quality concert. Hope you enjoy the pictures. You can purchase a tape of the concert from Doug via his webpage.
http://gospel_steel_guitar.tripod.com/

God Bless,
Larry Fout

Wayne Smith

Rowlett, Tx. USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 May 2002 4:04 am    

Bob, You sure have it right about the Indy Gospel Show. It was an awsome time. Every one of their shows are unforgetable. Doug and Stevie are such great Hosts. The atmosphere and music was beyond our expectations. Roy played great on the piano. It was like he had been playing Gospel all his life. Great weekend. Thanks to all who made it possible. The Rev

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2002 6:57 am    

I have to add my comments to the above. This Gospel show is superb. Any one going will love this show. It is like no other. And very uplifting. Such a joy to see, hear and work with Doug and Stevie. They are truly lovely people and two of God's special children.

God bless them and you always,

carl