The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Unknown Hero's Internet radio
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2002 2:08 am    

Update, this show has been running since the end of last year, located at Live365.com search "Steel Guitar" and there it is ! I have received several EMAILS about the show the last few weeks and a I have just added two new tracks from a fine new player, Tom Diemer. The show features tracks from bandstand players from all over the US, Canada and Europe. Ricky Davis, Jack Stoner, Joe Smith, Dave Van Allen, Rudy Osborne, Chuck Lettes,Jim Loesberg and many many more players of all caliber. I encourage all to send me some tunes and I will add them to the show. Show link is on my website listed below.
Thanks all..
TP
TPrior/SteelGuitarWebsite

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 14 April 2002 at 03:09 AM.]

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 11:34 am    

New tracks added by Ricky Davis ( Thanks Ricky) playing with Linda Lay . This CD will be available only in Cracker Barrel restaurants according to Ricky. Two Tracks, We Could and Mansion on the Hill. Also two tracks for Tom Diemer. Thanks Tom.

Give it up you players, send me those tracks and become and Internet Steel Star !!

TP

Vernon Hester

Cayce,SC USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2002 1:58 am    

Tony, listening to site as I type, found it this morning for the first time. Keep up the good work we all need something like this to promote the Steel Guitar.
Vern--will send one of my Cd's

Uwe Haegg

Hilleroed, Denmark
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2002 5:00 am    

Tony.
Pure genious.
Best idea anyones had for years.

As I`m writing I`m listening to Jack Stoner doing "Take me as I am" .
Really great for us living overseas.
A great way to get to hear some of our heroes - and maybe buy some nice records.
Just keep`em coming.

Post  Posted 25 Apr 2002 8:45 am    

Ricky's work with Linda Lay is absolutely awesome. I understand the CD will be out soon and it will be well-worth looking for.

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2002 6:50 am    

This is a nice radio-station!!!!!!!!
It's steelguitar, a lot besides country-music. I'm tuned in whole day, it needs some refreshing in the playlist though...
regards, JJ

------------------

my web-site
my bands CODand TSC

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2002 10:00 am    

Yes this is an all day all night all week all year ,whatever, Internet radio station featuring Steel Guitar tunes from Weekend Warriors, Road Warriors and Family Room Warriors. You won't find Buddy ,Doug or Bobbe here but you will find Herb Steiner, Johan Jansen, Jim Loessberg, Ricky Davis and many many more Bandstand , Session and local Steel players from all over the US ,Canada and Europe. It is true that the playlist is not to large ( just under 4 hours ) so if you're up for the challenge, send me those MP3's, Wave files ,CD's or tapes. All players, all skills ,all music...EMAIL me for more info. Many of the players on the show are in fact professionals and many are not. Many of the tracks are studio professional and once again many are Band in the Box home grown. Thanks to all that participate. Heck even I am going to add two more tunes that I have been working on very soon. Home grown tracks and my Tele' as well...
TP

TPrior/SteelGuitarHomesite

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 27 April 2002 at 02:57 PM.]

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 3:04 am    

New tunes added this past weekend by Roy Thompson, great Thumb Picker, Thanks Roy. And like I said I would do, I added two tracks that I have been working on which also allowed me to play on the Telecaster as well..Half A Chance and Take these Chains, which is my actual first attempt back on the C6 neck since my return to Steel last fall. It's a rocky road but I'm starting to see progress..

More to come by Mike Sweeney real soon...

The link is on my website .
Send in those tunes..If I can do it anyone can !
tp

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 4:29 am    

Hey, Tony. I've got a CD packed and ready to go out to ya. Great website, pal. Just heard Johan Jansen's "Conceiving". Beautiful job, Johan! I can't wait to hear your whole new album.

One thing, Tony. I've been listening on the Real Player, and I have to press the play button before EACH song to hear it, which also means I have to hear that durned "Live 365" promo inbetween every song! Any ideas how to cure this problem?
Thanks and keep up the great work,
Jim

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 4:39 am    

Hi Jim, thanks for the nice words! Album release will be in a few days.
You will have a non-stop jukebox when you use the player that comes with the station. Had that problem with realplayer too. Now it works fine.
cya!
Johan

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 5:54 am    

Jim, the default player that is available from LIVE 365 appears to be the best player. I have not heard of any listening issues with Real Player but who knows what PC defaults are configured. I use Muscic Match 6.0 as my default player and have had no bad experiences.

TP

Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 10:49 am    

Tony's Station is great.

realplayer sux. bigtime.

just my .02

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 1:10 pm    

Dave thanks for the great comments..but.. the station is great because of the music being played by the many who have sent me tunes. Without the tunes the station would just be audible hiss !

We just received a CD from long time Steel Player Vernon Hester . Vernon plays straight Steel, and when we put the CD on my wife just plain said, " Now there's a Steel player " !! Look to hear Vernons tunes sometime this up coming weekend. Also coming Mike Sweeney, Jim Cohen and John Knight. Things are really sounding good here !!

Send in them tunes...be an overnight success !!..... Well at least be heard overnight...Thats almost the same..
tp

Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 7:08 am    

I have to say, this webcast is getting better and better. I love it! I like hearing the pros, but when I hear all these great living-room warriors play, it gives me hope that I can improve to their level. Keep it up.