The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  If you have BIAB on a MAC computer, Please do me a favor
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 6:24 am    

I have been going in circles trying to get a Ray Price shuffle to work on my Mac from people that are on a PC computer and have e-mailed me the style or songs. I have given up trying to figure out how to open the PC files on my Mac. As a test, can somebody please e-mail me a BIAB style and a song from their Mac computer to me, via email. A Ray Price shuffle would be awesome, but just anything will let me see if it will work and put my mind at rest.. The icon's that I have been getting on the e-mail's are just a postage stamp size picture of a blank page with the corner turned down on the top, right edge and the name of the style or song printed underneath. I do not get what I consider a normal full color icon like I think I need to make it work on my Mac.

E-mail to : www.magicbuilder@aol.com. Thanks in advance for any assistance

Jerry Gleason

Eugene, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:18 am    

George, don't worry about the icon. BIAB files are "unisex", they don't care if it's a Mac or PC. Just drag the file into your "styles" folder in BIAB, and it should work, as long as it has the extension .STY . I recall on older versions on older Macs that I sometimes had to rename the file with all caps for it to be seen in the list by the program. I don't know it that's still the case.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 7:16 pm    

George,

Try this. At the top left of the page click on "Styles" then click "load user styles from disk" then navigate to wherever the Ray Price styles is located and click on it.

These are not exactly BIAB styles and sometimes BIAB has a hard time finding them the normal way.

Onece you get this working, they will be in your favorite styles....found by clicking on the "F" beside styles to the left of the song title.

Good luck!

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2008 7:11 am     BIAB on a Macinosh, please do me a favor

You can close this now. Thanks to the help of everybody, I am all set and have the Ray Price shuffle up an running. Big Jim Baron went the extra mile to help me out, so if anybody is thinking about buying BIAB, I highly recommend that you get it from Jim. He will help you with any questions that you have, which is worth it's weight in gold.