The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jim Cohen on WKRP.FM!
Tim Wallis

East Peoria, IL
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2002 11:59 am    

Hey ya'll, Jim Cohen will be my guest Tuesday nite on "Open House". Jim will be calling in and we're going to play some of his tunes and chat for awhile. The show starts at 7PM (CT) On WKRP.FM/SteelRadio http://wkrp.fm

I hope you'll listen in!

Tim Wallis, GM of WKRP.FM/SteelRadio Internet Radio

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2002 10:13 am    

This is tonite. We'll be playing some cuts from the new Beats Walkin' CD, "Bop-a-billy Swing!" as well as some from my "Finally Here" solo CD. Hope some of you can listen in via internet.
Jimbeaux

------------------
The "Master of Acceptable Tone"
www.jimcohen.com

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2002 7:20 pm    

Hey Jim !! I enjoyed that !! I had to bust a butt to get in but I made it 5 minutes before air time. My old Winamp dumped out and when I downloaded a new version, I got Winamp is already running. I had to uninstall the old before I could get the new one up and running. While they were talking before you called in, I got signed on with YahooInstantCom and my first hit on that was the message they read to you.

I was going down to Whiskey River and listen to Gaylon Mathews but I got so wrapped up in you and Scotty I just couldn't break away.

I take back what I said about Tone To Loan !!
What you have is better than that !! There is a brightness and clarity with rich body colors that are very individual and all your own. I have to ask what you are using to get that Acceptable Tone voicing. Each time I think I've heard about everything, someone will come along and jerk my chain with a sound I cannot ignore. My compliments to you for doing that again !!

You guys at WKRP-FM are the way I used to hear old time radio AM. Fun and talk, jokes and laughs but best of all, good new music.
I think I enjoyed the Scotty's Music Commercial as much as anything. Scotty and I go way back and it was really nice to hear his voice and Mike's as well. Don't stop doing what you're doing to me !! Whose song was that ??

Best Regards, Paul

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2002 7:30 pm    

Quote:
I have to ask what you are using to get that Acceptable Tone voicing.
Hey Paul,
Thanks for listening in tonite. It was fun to run into you there (where? in cyberspace). Thanks also for your nice comments on my playing. As for my tone, I use a Fessenden D-10 played thru a GD Walker Stereo Steel amp with a Digitech Quad 4 preamp set to "Acceptable"

Thanks again for listening.
Jimbeaux

------------------
The "Master of Acceptable Tone"
www.jimcohen.com

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2002 4:26 am