The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Saluda Convention
Buddy Walker

Johnston, SC, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2002 9:10 pm    

Had a Great show, Jeff Newman had a great seminar on Saturday with big turnout and jam session Saturday Sunday Players were John Hughey,. Jeff Newman, Herby Wallace, Bob Roland Roger Crawford. Ernest Tuttle. Larry Moore Jimmie Miller. Charles Reece. Bill Nicholson. Tommy Dodd, Joe Turner. Bill Ferguson. and Bob Hayes Vocals Rob Parker & Terry Rogers. and staff musicans Woody Lefford, Wayne Smith, Billy Puckett, Wayne Stowers Jerry Reece Jim Hartley Appreciate all the support Next one is 5-19-=02 with Russ Hicks Thanks Buddy Walker

------------------
Buddy Walker

John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2002 2:34 am    

Buddy
Congratulations, My Brother.
You always put on a great show.
I wish I had been able to make this one, because John Hughey is one of my favorites and Ole Jeff ain't bad either. I was acquainted with Jeff in Key West, Fla in the 60's before he moved to Nashburg. In fact I have to give him a "history lesson" every few years to remind him of where he came from.
Hope to see you in May.

------------------
John

[This message was edited by John Floyd on 18 February 2002 at 07:20 PM.]

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2002 3:55 am    

Great great show. Many thanks Buddy for all your efforts here. . I also had a chance to visit with John Fabian ( Carter) played one of the new guitars and had great conversation with John as well. He showed me a four note movement done with three knee levers which I have been searching for as well. Buddy and the group are to be commended for another top shelf show.
TP

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 18 February 2002 at 09:16 AM.]

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 18 February 2002 at 01:30 PM.]

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2002 10:35 am    

Buddy ..Thanks...just super great..I only wish that I could have done a better job..but following a super super group likke you had I was a bit shakey. I also visited John in the Carter Booth...I was only going to visit..not walk away with ordering a Birdseye D-12. Christmas comes early in Saluda!!!!!!!! See yo next time
Grouchyvet

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2002 5:01 pm    

Buddy...what a show! I can't remember ever seeing as big or as enthusiastic a crowd as you had Sunday. And what a pleasure to be included in the group of players you had. Thanks for all you do.
Roger