The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Vermont Steel Jam Maybe Cancelled
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2002 11:30 am    

The Vermont Steel Guitar Jamboree may be cancelled if we sell our home before July 28th.I'm saddened that I may not have the steel show here in Vermont as I do beleave it would have been the first in Vermont and these people now how to show there appreciation. It was going to be a great success from the way things were going and the way lots of people were talking.My wife and I decided that we would sell out and move to North Carolina where Her Daughters are living and all the grandchildren.We will see what happens as time goes by.I will still run the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Show and remain their President.I will also try to make all the quarterly meetings.
Sam White

[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 08 February 2002 at 11:37 AM.]

John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2002 4:49 pm    

Sam
Where are you moving to in The Tarheel State?
You will love it down here and We all love Steel guitar Music too. We also have the Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association headquartered in Fayetteville, Recently had our last Jam in Wilson NC. We have at least two PSG Manufacturers , Emmons and Marlen, Evans Amps are built here too. You are moving to steel guitar heaven.

We are also Tolerant of Damn Yankees. (the one who come down and never leave)

Come on Down!

------------------
John

[This message was edited by John Floyd on 08 February 2002 at 04:50 PM.]

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2002 6:06 pm    

John Floyd if it was'nt for us Damn Yankees you Rebs would'nt know how to make money. You take Cary it is 90% Yankee and you Rebs love our money.Just Kidding. My Brother -in -Law is a Reb and was born there . He works for Nissan in the parts dept.in Raleigh. We were there in Willow Springs back in 96 and part of 97 we went back to Rhode Island that is where we are from.We will be in Morrisville the last week of March to visit my step daughter and her family and My Brother in law in Apex.We are hoping to buy in Willow Springs again.I will E- Mail you and talk more.
Sam White

[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 08 February 2002 at 06:08 PM.]

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2002 12:46 pm    

Sammy you watch out for SleepyJohn Floyd.If you are not careful and happen to look him up you will find a great country musician.

------------------
CJC

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2002 5:45 pm    

Don't worry Joe I got him all under control.John Floyd is like the dog that is all bark and no bite.If he doe'nt mind his manners we will take his computer away from him for awhile.
Sam White

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2002 5:42 pm    

Sam, welcome to NC!! We have a great association here and really look forward to your being with us. Our next meeting/jam is March 23/24 in Fayetteville - I hope that you will join us!