The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Time Jumpers
Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2002 9:27 am    

After a couple of years of trying, I finally had an excuse to be in Nashville on a Monday night. Mondays are the hardest days to get away but our son Jason arrived back in Nashville from the NAMM show in L.A. so Mom and Dad had to be there to pick him up. We had dinner with some friends (or a cast of charactors, whichever you wish to choose) and then hurried (and I mean HURRIED as we tried to keep up with John and Jean Hughey) to the Station Inn. They were set up and ready to play but we got to talk to Johnny and Joan before the set started. If anyone has not had the chance to see them, it is one of the most pleasurable experiences you will have. Besides being some of the best musicians in Nashville, they have a show that is 100% entertaining from start to finish BUT the audio level is such that when you talk to the person sitting beside you at the table, you whisper and they whisper back and you can hear each other and still hear the band. You walk out feeling refreshed and not having a thumping headache. This is pure entertainment and total enjoyment plus all the band members are just great people. I bet that I fix it some way where I take about 2 Monday's off a month from now on as you cannot get tired of this music or the performers. They were great and I am still walking on clouds because I finally got to see them perform. Yes, the Internationally World Famous Smiley Roberts was with us and YES, everyone knew him there also!

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2002 11:55 am    

I second that, Mike - they're pure class!

------------------
Roger Rettig
Emmons LGIII(S10/D10)& MCI D10