The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jim Murphy and Terry Miller CD
Terry Miller

Hammondsport NY USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2002 4:59 pm    

Jim Murphy and I just did a new album of some steel and dobro. I am hoping it will be out in March. It has a little bit of everything on it. The sidemen were not treated as sidemen, they are all featured alot on this project. The forums own Earl Erb is on this. He was great. When you hear Murph, you will know just how good this guy really is. I will keep you all informed as to the release date. Terry

[This message was edited by Terry Miller on 14 January 2002 at 05:01 PM.]

David Chockley

Post  Posted 15 Jan 2002 7:25 pm    

Terry, if the Jim Murphy you are referring to is the "Murph" that played with Johnny Paycheck, please send me info. on your cd, I'd love to have one.
I got a chance to open for Clinton Gregory when Jim was playingwith him in '93 and wow what a show, and Big Murph couldn't have been any nicer to me.
P.S. If you get a chance to talk to Jim in the near future, would you ask him about a video of the Johnny Paycheck Live at the Lonestar album? I have found a site that has a picture of the video and comments about it, but no ordering info. and I would love to have it. Best of luck with the cd, and like I said before please e-mail me with ordering info. Best of luck

Dave

Terry Miller

Hammondsport NY USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2002 9:50 pm    

Hi Dave, it is the one and only Big Murph. It is going to be a month or so before it is out but I will keep you informed through this forum. I'll be talking with Murph in the next couple of days and I will ask him about the video. Terry

Warren Frid

Coatesville,Pa.,USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2002 3:44 pm    

Dave;
I have the Paycheck tape and it's pretty decent---lots of Jay Andrews on Steel but the camera angles suck.Obviously,the camera work is amateurish but the resolution is fine considering it's a club setting.The audio is fine,especially through my system.
There is no ordering information on the sleeve---it is blank. I'll see if my wife can find the cancelled check from about a year ago and,if so,will e-mail you.I think I started my search by finding a web site dedicated to him.
Good luck,
WF

David Chockley

Post  Posted 17 Jan 2002 10:41 pm    

Warren, I have the Stockyard video, and I agree it's great with Jay on steel. But the one I'm referring to is one I found onthe net that's supposedly a video of the 1978? Live at the Lonestar album in New York with Murph on steel. I'll send you an e-mail of the website which shows the video cover, but no ordering info.

Thanks, Dave

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2002 2:14 pm    

Best wishes, Terry.

Steeler Bob Schlick is back in Bath, ya know? I just dropped in on him last summer, after about 23 years to day hello. He's enjoying retirement and just playing steel.

Good luck getting the new CD finished.

------------------
HagFan