The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MASGA-JAM = Danville, Virginia (THANKS)
Ken Latchum

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2002 5:49 pm    

I would like to thank "Herby Wallace" and all the steel players that showed up to make our Jam a success!! It was our very 1st one. The music was just out of this world! We learned a lot and will make some changes with all the suggestions that came forward that will help make the next event even better. These (13) Steel Players performed at the MASGA-JAM Joe & David Turner,Bryan Adams, Arnett Mills, Jerry Flemming,Mike Calaway,Deloris Simmons, Wayne Minter, Steve Leonard,Jimmy Brown,Eddie Shoemaker,Larry Jenkins,Skip Mertz. There were many other steel players in attendance to enjoy all the best music in the world.
Thanks Again Ken Latchum

Ken Latchum

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2002 5:52 pm    

I forgot to add one more and I aplogize to Ms Kim Altman also performed that makes (14)
Ken Latchum

Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2002 7:34 pm    

I would just like to say that I really enjoyed being a part of this first show. I thought Ken and Skip did a great job putting it together. I got to jam with several players that I have known for years, but never had the chance to hear play and they did a great job. Also, I would like to mention Ken's wife who played violin. She is an excellent musician and it was a pleasure to hear her too.

Also, I think the building where the show was held was a very good setting for this type of event. I hope to be back in the future.

Herby Wallace

------------------

Steve Leonard

Bristol,VA.,U.S.A
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2002 8:29 pm    

Thanks to Ken and Skip for a great show. It was a pleasure meeting some new steel playing friends and seeing some old friends again. It was a lot of fun getting to pick with all of them. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks again, Steve Leonard

bill ramsey

danville va
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2002 1:18 pm    

what else can be said? wow it was great. ken latchum made everyone feel so welcome. he was right there all the time. he worked very hard for this show and i thank him too. as for arnett mills? what can be said but smooth? mike calloway? great. jerry fleming? class all the way. my best to all. bill

Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2002 3:27 pm    

Also Tim Buffington played his first show ever! Would like to thank Everyone for thier support and fellowship. Getting together with friends is what we're all about. Great bunch of people, and I personally have made some friends with people I never would have
known if not for this endever. Thanks again to you all and to Ken and his wife Lee for thier effort. Hope to see you guys in Wilson
Feb. 2-3

Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2002 3:46 pm    

Also, thanks to all the great musician we had for backup! Thanks Guys