The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Christmas CD Release
Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 9:08 am    

It hardly seems possible, but it really is almost "that time" again! Mike has a new CD
available with 10 classic Christmas songs, including "I'll Be Home for Christmas", "O Holy Night", "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", "Frosty the Snowman" and "What Child is This". This is really a great CD to put you in the mood for all that shopping! Rythym tracks are also available.

As always, thanks to all those who have bought previous CDs. Just email us for further information.

Teresa Sweeney

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 1:11 pm    

Bump up

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2001 10:04 am    

Hey folks, There are 49 shopping days left before Christmas. These will make great stocking stuffers. Take it easy. Mike

Bob Hempker

Goodlettsville, TN.
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2001 10:25 am    

I obtained a copy of Mike's Christmas CD. I have played it numerous times, and I must say it is thoroughly enjoyable. The tone is excellent, as Mike's always is. The song selection is great. My favorite is "I'll be Home for Christmas." There are many shades of Curly Chalker on this particular tune. Again, in Mike's work, I hear many of my heroes; lloyd, John Hughey, Hal Rugg, Curly, Jimmy Day, Buddy, and most all the people I've grown up listening to and "trying" to emulate. Mike also has his own way of interpreting these styles, and puts his very own personal touch to them. This is a CD for Steel Players, who want to hear Christmas Music performed on an instrument we love.

------------------

[This message was edited by Bob Hempker on 15 November 2001 at 02:05 PM.]

MALCOLM KIRBY

Crofton, KY USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2001 2:25 pm    

A "must have" for your collection.

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2001 12:34 pm    

Bob and Malcom, Thanks guys for your kind words about the c.d. as far as the Chalker comment I'm very flattered. I spent alot of time around Curly the last couple of years of his life and got to be friends with him. I guess a little of Curly rubbed off on me even though I was TRYING to play some of his ideas for several years before I ever met him. I still don't think I would make a pimple on Chalkers butt as far as a player goes E-9 or C-6. This c.d. was alot of fun to do and I'm glad you both like it. Mike

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2001 3:54 pm    

Bump

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2001 1:48 am    

bump

Russ Rickmann

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2001 9:09 am    

Mike, I have to agree with Bob on this. Great tone, execution, and wonderful song selection. It was a pleasure to listen to. This CD is a great addition to any players collection.....a must have for anyone interested in great steel music. Russ

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2001 5:06 pm    

Thanks Russ. I'm very glad this c.d. as well as my other two have been so well recieved. Hearing Bob Hempker say those things too, means alot because not only is he a friend but he is one of my favorite players as well. If anyone of you get the chance to see the Roy Clark show do it even if it's just to see Bob play. You'll be glad you did. Also this past Mon. the 26th, W.Y.X.E. played my Christmas c.d. during the evening drive time and I stayed there and talked with d.j. Earl White till sign-off. It was alot of fun. Earl has almost worn out one copy of my "Pure And Simple Country" c.d. on the air so I had to take him another one. Thanks again guys. And if anyone wants a c.d. before Christmas I need your orders soon because I have to ship it before Dec.5 to insure arival by Dec.24th. The postal dept. is inspecting everything so that's why the urgancy in getting orders in. Take care. Mike

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2001 3:32 pm    

Last bump.